Frenchix1's ATC tracking thread @N/A [CLOSED] - IFATC GOAL

Hello I just open JFK tower and ground to train for maybe one Day being IFATC !
So if you want to come to give me challenges don’t hesitate !

TOWER : CLOSED

GROUND : CLOSED

Runways un use for takeoff

31L and R

For landing

31L/R and 4L/R

2 Likes

Hey

KJFK is not a good choice. Avoid busy airports as trolls can come

2 Likes

Hey Thanks for the tips ! I Will know for the next time !

1 Like

Hey there! Just to build off of what was said above, here are some nice choices for Tracking Thread airports to open up:

KFAT, KLCK, KFLL (on edge), KAPA

Remember, opening airports like EGLL, KLAX, KJFK is guaranteeing Training Server trolls, something you don’t want while training for IFATC.

Good luck with your training, and you can tag me when you open!

2 Likes

Yes ! Thabk you for the advices !

1 Like

Hello OMDB facility is now open

GROUND : OPEN
TOWER : OPEN

Runways open :

Takeoff 30L
Landing 30R

Open until 1320Z

NOTAM : NOW CLOSED

Hello,

I came by with the callsign VT-JEL. Thanks for the service. Below i’ve listed a few of my observations.

• If an aircraft is remaining in the pattern, stating their traffic direction along with the takeoff clearance (cleared for takeoff, make left/right traffic) is sufficient. Further pattern entries to repeat the same direction aren’t required. Additionally, an aircraft can be issued “cleared for the option” without stating the traffic direction if they were already given a traffic direction along with their takeoff clearance. Of course, if you wish to change the traffic direction, you can add it to the clearance.

• When i requested a change to runway 30R, it was denied… while i understand this may have been done for realism purposes, it is best to gain as much practise with these scenarios as we can when preparing for IFATC. An “enter left downwind runway 30R” followed by “cleared for the option, make right traffic” would have been a suitable response to the request.

• I received an “extend downwind, i’ll call your base” command on my second pattern. This command should typically be used in scenarios where it is essential to depart traffic and temporarily delay the arrivals. Using these commands too often can be viewed as over-controlling since it forces a pilot to fly a set amount distance on their downwind. It is advisable to only use them when deemed necessary. As an example, in a scenario where you don’t have enough space to fit departures between inbounds or aircrafts in pattern, this command can be used to create space and prevent excessive delays to the departures.

• After i reported “full stop”, i received another clearance, for landing. The previous clearance was sufficient. “Cleared for the option” permits the aircraft to perform a touch and go, stop and go, low approach, missed approach as well as full stop landing. It is advisable to only issue one clearance to an aircraft on each pattern, provided their runway remains the same.

Hope this was helpful, please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your observation !

Sorry for the extend downwind i thought that the trafic and the ground will be Falster !

Thank you @Jet_Airways_995 !

Frenchix1.

1 Like

Here are my notes. I was N76VT in a TBM.

Taxi and takeoff for right traffic were good.

The enter right downwind after my takeoff was not needed because the “make right traffic” in the takeoff command supplies the pattern entry direction.

The “cleared for the option” does not need “make L/R traffic”, because I was already in a right pattern cycle. It would be needed for an inbound for T/G or runway change request.

When I requested a transition, you sent freq change approved. You should have sent the transition approval altitude like you did the second time. The 6000’ was too high. Instead, use formula 2500 + aerodrome altitude, rounded up to next highest 500 feet. OMDB is so close to sea level, you could use 2500. 3000 would also be OK since the rounding up to next highest 500 gives 3000.

You correctly gave the “make L/R traffic” on clearence commands after my runway changes.

Sequencing was never needed, so no problems there.

Thanks and happy flying and controlling!

1 Like

Okay thank you for your feedback @David_Mullen !

Frenchix1.

1 Like

Good evening everyone !

OMDB tower and Ground is now open !

TOWER : OPEN

GROUND : OPEN

Runways in use

30L/R

Coming in now!

1 Like

You are welcome !

I’m sorry for the Émirates Trafic… 😔

Just ignore him, I’ll pretend he is no there.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trafic but i see it only few seconds then it pop out…
I wasn’t the best session at all… It’s a shame

It was not the best session for me i had some bug with a trafic and another one who won’t responde to my requests…
Thanks for those who have respected my session it was after all a pleasure to see you all !

I can now say OMDB tower and Ground is now CLOSED, good Day !

Hello!
Thank you for the service. I have some feedback and advice for you.

(See below for advice regarding each situation)

• [20:08z] - Transition altitude was low for CC-NPR.
  • [20:09z] - Unnecessary “Say Intentions” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:13z] - Unnecessary "Extend “Downwind” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:19z] - Unnecessary “maintain best forward speed” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:20z] - Unnecessary “adjust speed to follow” for Emirates 781.
  • [20:22z] - No “speed at your discretion” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:26z] - No sequence on pattern entry for CC-NPR on runway change.
  • [20:XXz] - Inefficient pattern sequencing choices.
  • [20:27z] - Unnecessary “maintain best forward speed” for Emirates 781.
  • [20:27z] - Unnecessary “extend downwind” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:31z] - Unnecessary “adjust speed to follow aircraft ahead” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:32z] - Very late and incorrect pattern leg on sequencing for CC-NPR.
  • [20:35z] - Unnecessary “maintain slowest practical speed” for CC-NPR.
  • [20:XXz] - No clearance for CC-NPR, causing a G/A.

[I’ll not include the G/A call at the end, since there was some connection issues.]

Advice:

• Altitude transition should be calculated adding 2,500ft to the airport elevation and then rounding up to the nearest 500ft. 1,500ft is considered for the maximum pattern altitude + 1,000 for minimum IFR separation with aircraft on transition. In this case, your transition altitude would have been 2,500ft.

• Since CC-NPR was on a transition through your airspace, there’s no intention to request. Transition is the altitude in which you authorize an aircraft to pass through your airspace with no obligation to come inbound as landing or touch and go.

• The use of “Extend Downwind” is for separation lost avoidance. This means, its use is for critical situations only where separation may be lost. Following the sequence with proper distance is pilot responsibility.

• Constant and unnecessary speed commands is considered over-controlling. Speed commands should be used when separation might be in risk only. On the other side, you don’t need to make an aircraft adjust its speed to follow an aircraft on different runways or when they are far away from each other. Once the conflict has passed or the risk is lower, controller is expected to send “speed at your discretion” leaving separation by speed a pilot responsibility. Remember that pilots are expected to fly at reasonable speeds and adjust their speeds by their own to follow the instructed sequence.

• Regarding sequencing with Emirates 781H, CC-NPR could have performed a perfectly fine pattern without interfering on his way. That’s why, CC-NPR should have been number 1 and Emirates 781 should received a re-sequence as number 2. CC-NPR was forced (with “Extend DW”) to go through the entire cone unnecessarily, reducing your pattern management efficiency.

• Always try to give your sequence on crosswind or early downwind. This will help you having a better pattern organization along with a better understanding for pilots of the sequence. The same applies for clearances; the sooner the better.

• All aircrafts must receive a clearance. You can easily remember if you have cleared an aircraft by the green color in their tag.

Solid Points:
Pattern Entries.
Runway changes.
Clearances.

It’s never easy when you open HUBs or airports with 3D buildings, trolls or unexperienced pilots will always come. As for your controlling, I saw lots of over-controlling that can be easily improved having in mind when to use each command, as well as understanding which are your responsibilities as the controller regarding separation and which are for the pilot. Solid pattern entries and clearances, well done.

Most important than everything listed above: do not apologize. We have all passed through training to achieve our goals on IFATC. You are learning and the best way to do so, is simply failing.

Let me know if you have any doubts, I’ll be happy to help.
Cheers,
Nico

Sorry for the wait, feedback erased mid-session.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your very details feedback !
It will help me a lot !

Frenchix1.

1 Like

No problem! I recommend to review your replay with feedback in hand for better understanding.
Good luck on your IFATC journey, I hope to see you soon with us!

1 Like