Freezing @KSFO

Hello there. I was sitting at my gate at KSFO in a Boeing 777-200ER, filing my flight plan for my overnighter to Frankfurt.

As I was filing my flight plan, IF was freezing, then retaining its functionality, then freezing. I was about halfway done with my flight plan when it stopped.

Just a few minutes later, it stops again; it showed Live as fully functional, but it certainly wasn’t.

Suddenly, my phone couldn’t take it anymore. It shut down Infinite Flight.

This has never happened to me before, and I am just confused. What is going on here? This is why I contacted Support.

-Gtmkm98

What is your live aircraft count set to? Oh and what device are you using?

1 Like

Very High, but there was only one plane there. It left as I was filing my ill-fated flight plan.

1 Like

Hello

Can you give us information such as:

• Device

• Operating System

• Infinite Flight Model

Have you taken any pre-cautions to this such as Restarting Your Device before the flight and closing all apps not in use?

Device: IPhone SE
Operating System: ?
Infinite Flight Model: ?

This confuses me…

Operating system… IOS _____ (ex: IOS 13)
IF Model… Version_____ (ex: 19.1)

What are your graphics settings set to? Lowering them as well as lowering the aircraft count may help stop these freezes from occurring.

1 Like

Operating System refers to the latest iOS available to your specific phone.

Be sure your settings match the one I linked above.

1 Like

IOS: IOS 12.2
IF model: 9.1

I’m gonna try this again…

Since it crashed, keep this is mind.

Please see our 2019 Support Faq for app crashes and lag below.

General tips regardless of device:

• Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
  • Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
  • Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
  • It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
  • Disable active ad or message blocking apps
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
  • Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
    • Lower the Rendering Resolution setting
    • Lower the Rendering Quality setting
    • Disable Anti Aliasing

General iOS tips:

• One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
  • Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
    Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
1 Like

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

No problem, Have a good one :)

1 Like