Freeze/Crash during approach to controlled airspace?

Hey aviators,

I’ve been doing long hauls fairly consistently now, but as of the last few weeks I have noticed a few things:

• Intermittent freezing while going into a heavily populated ATC controlled region
  • Live server connectivity glitches on and off throughout flight
  • ATC unable to hear me – provided I have exited the frequency, messaged a unicom airport, and re-entered.

Just today my entire game froze just as I was descending into NZAA while ATC was contacting me. When the game unfroze, I had 3-speed violations.

I’m finding the above very common and it’s created a little frustration/trepidation for flying into heavy traffic controlled airspace. Now that I have violations on top of this (as a former grade 4) I’m pretty disappointed.

For reference, I use third-party add-on’s: IFA/IFPAX.

Posting this here to see if anyone else has gotten regular game freeze issues, as suggested by @MishaCamp.

Thanks for your time!

Device: iPhone 6s PLUS
Graphic Settings coming to busy airspace: LOW/LOW/OFF/CHECKED
Graphic Settings in-flight: HIGH/MEDIUM/ON/CHECKED

1 Like

What device do you use?

A big helper is limit frame rate so if that’s not yet turned on make sure it is.

Have you tried lowering your Graphics?

@Dylan_M yep, I always lower graphics when Im coming into a heavily controlled airspace

@Chatta290

Device: iPhone 6s PLUS
Graphic Settings coming to busy airspace: LOW/LOW/OFF/CHECKED
Graphic Settings in-flight: HIGH/MEDIUM/ON/CHECKED

Just trying to gather the info for a complete look at the issue, do you have a good connection to wifi and or a strong connection via your mobile carrier?

I’ve noticed many of the “freezes” ive had in flight have been because of a poor connection

Yeah, my connection is pretty solid. I’ve definitely had some bad freezes when using data, though. I had an issue with wifi about a week ago, but it’s since been resolved :)

Had the same thing last week. I use an iPad. I did report it. Good thing for me was that I was on approach so no speed violation. Just a crash

Yeah, it’s a pretty major issue @Delta479. I’m pretty commited to IF, and I understand mistakes happen, but it’s been difficult lately with the random crashes and freezing.

This might actually cause some issues… changing mid-flight. If you could, try having them all at low/medium for an entire flight and see if anything gets better.

Additionally, maybe take the airplane count down a nofch :)

1 Like

Interesting, @schyllberg. Never thought of doing that. I’ll attempt a few flights following those instructions. Airplane count might definitely help with freezing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.