Free will No Longer be Free

As the B787 was reworked and went from free to a paid plane, I imagine that in the future the CRJ-200 and C-17 after being reworked will be paid airplanes too. what do you think? (Sorry for the English mistakes)

5 Likes

If the crj and C17 become as good as the 787 I wouldn’t mind paying for them

20 Likes

Yep it sure did

3 Likes

I hope everything is paid and live+ increases to $100/yr.

19 Likes

I do not mind, the devs work hard.

2 Likes

They deserve every penny for their work

3 Likes

the problem is the price of the aircraft. in Brazil the figure is 3 times, we pay dearly. but do not bother

3 Likes

That would be something to see

4 Likes

Not necessarily. Removing free content is something we don’t decide on lightly. It might happen again, but we will always make it fair meaning that you will get something else for free (another remodel for free like we did for the 380 and 321).

We gave away a lot of new content for free and it was not viable long term if we want to keep our company competitive.

23 Likes

To get rid of the kiddies?

3 Likes

yup
fds truly deserves it

4 Likes

yes I agree with you, I am very happy and satisfied with the infinite flight, the devs do a great job.

3 Likes

Support developer…

They make the simulator as real as the real world/plane!

I wouldn’t mind pay for it!

1 Like

As a long time player, my issue resides with the initial “free” comment being made in regards to the B787 series. I support FDS fully and will continue such, but I don’t think it’s fair to your consumer to go back on your word… Especially with it being made on a public platform.

To digress, I appreciate the quality work and look forward to the amazing future content on the horizon.

3 Likes

What was the initial free comment? Got a screenshot?

The comment has been made that free content would remain free… Literally too much material to review to provide a screenshot.

1 Like

@AR_AR for president 2016

1 Like

FDS have made multiple announcements about this i dont think we should go through it

References here and has been mentioned in the past.

It says “most likely”. They tried but decided they couldn’t do it. I’m not saying I agree with all of their business decisions but it is a free market and they can choose to charge whatever they want. If people are willing to pay it, why not charge for it?

7 Likes