Frankisoul's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ KEGE

Haha thanks for the feedback. It’s tricky because you take off on one end then land on the other but then the pattern can be confusing. Thank you!!!

1 Like

😂😂😂Showoff. But you have my respect 🤛🏿

1 Like

@Flying_Pencil i don’t know how but you’re landing this aircraft like a helicopter 🤣🤣

I took off with a 737-800 and 900 only issue is you never gave me frequencie change approved. ps I entered a flat spin intentionally at the end

1 Like

This is great!

1 Like

I’m sorry haha. I got confused at times because I’m still trying to work out the airfield. Thank you for flying here!

1 Like

radar training😏

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @Flying_Pencil what happened there 🤣🤣🤣

Pssst. You saw nothing.

2 Likes

I saw this too 😂

Anyway… Thanks for the patterns, that was a good laugh.

1 Like

Thank you for flying here haha!!!

@Stef_Smet i see you’ve taken the challenge too 🤣

1 Like

@darkeyes is that you drifting 😂😂😂

2 Likes

@Enigma I just saw you headbutt a mountain , I hope that was a glitch haha 🤣🤦🏾‍♂️

1 Like

That sir was a butter, I have no idea what you’re talking about…

I have no clue what happened - and it counted as a landing… lolololo’coaster!!

I hope you enjoyed the full pushback to the parking spot… hahaha

1 Like

Guess I can’t land a 757 there. Anyway, your ATC service was great, just keep in mind that you can clear someone for takeoff even if the person on final is 5nm or more, but other than that everything seemed perfect given the airport conditions

2 Likes

😂😂😂😂😂 mountain butter

1 Like

Thank you. Hahahah you came in hot lol. I thought about it but then I didn’t want someone to take off into landing traffic haha. But you’re right I guess I could’ve just cleared the takeoff then initiated a pattern instruction straight after

2 Likes

I looked up the Wikipedia article and couldn’t help myself.

“The airfield has a very short runway of only 537 metres (1,762 ft) with a gradient of 18.6%. There is no go-around procedure for landings at Courchevel, due to the surrounding mountainous terrain. The airfield primarily sees use by smaller fixed-wing aircraft such as the Cessna 208 Caravan, as well as helicopters. The runway has no instrument approach procedure or lighting aids, thus making landing in fog or low clouds unsafe and almost impossible.”

"The airport is considered dangerous, as it features a difficult approach, an upward-sloping runway and ski runs in the adjacent area. The History Channel program Most Extreme Airports ranks it as the seventh most extreme airport in the world."

Also - for the short time I was there I thought your controlling was great! You quickly adjusted to my (unintentional) irratic flying around aka trying to navigate the mountains and sequenced all of us properly and even told the one pilot to make space, etc… - great job!

1 Like