Frank8’s ATC Tracking Thread - [closed@ EGLL

I

For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Also

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

closed!

Airport :

EGLL

Server :
Training

3 Likes

Hey, Frank!

I am happy to hear that you are looking to improve your ATC skills to join IFATC. In the topic linked below, you will find some useful information on how to create a nice-looking ATC tracking thread so you can let the IFC members know that you are open and would like some pilots to fly for you.

Have a good one!

3 Likes

Hello @anon3015028. Are you accepting feedback?

1 Like

Hey Frank!

1. Feel free to ping me when you open!

2. I strongly recommend training in a Class C airspace with only two runways. This way you will become comfortable establishing duel patterns and sequencing.

2 Likes

Yes please

1 Like

Feedback from: General 575

Ground:

• Taxi to runway: ✅

• Taxi to parking: ✅

Tower:

• Takeoff / make ___ traffic: 🟧

• Cleared for the option: ✅

• Sequencing: N/A

• Exit runway: 🟧

Other Feedback

• You cleared me for takeoff but without a pattern. When an aircraft requests takeoff you need to say “make xx traffic”

• The pattern entry for 36R was not correct, i should have been 18R which is why I requested a runway change

• Continue inbound was not necessary

• Exit runway command was late, should be sent between 80 and 70 kts

Tag me next time you open

1 Like

Thankyou so much, i am definitely considering your feedback.

Hello,

Feel free to tag me when you open!

1 Like

Roger that thankyou

Hey there @anon3015028, I requested taxi about 5 minutes ago and still haven’t gotten a response, something going on?

1 Like

For departing aircraft: Unless you are flying patterns, please file your flight plan before contacting ATC.)

Also

Please only use “Remaining in the Pattern” if you are planning on doing touch&gos/patterns! Otherwise, please use the “departing north, south, east, west" or "straight out” command.

open!

Airport :

EGCC

Server :
Training

EGCC Open @OregonAviaton

Sorry, was making adjustments, come back im opening now

So sorry. A bit late at night for me :/

1 Like

Its ok theres always tomorrow, goodnight.

Open @Arian_N

Feedback from: General 575

Ground:

• Taxi to runway: ✅

• Taxi to parking: ✅

Tower:

• Takeoff / make ___ traffic: ✅

• Cleared for the option: ✅

• Sequencing: ✅

• Exit runway: 🟧

Other Feedback:

• I feel that 23 would have been better because the winds were favoring that way

• Sequencing was good. It was good you caught the downwind mistake

• Adjust speed to follow aircraft was not necessary because @MattAV was going 40kts faster and I believe aircraft are usually supposed to maintain a proper separation

• Exit runway command was sent late, try sending it at around 70kts

• When @MattAV requested change to 05R he was not given a pattern instruction. I believe that when an aircraft requests a runway change a pattern instruction and new clearance is needed

3 Likes

@MattAV Feedback

Pushback: Satisfied

Taxi: Satisfied

Takeoff Clearance: Right traffic when it is standard procedure to run patterns to the left, especially when the runway being utilized is on the left side.

Pattern Instructions: It is not necessary to give a pattern instruction when sequencing. The pilots are already flying the pattern so they know where to go.

Adjust speed command for @Butter575 was not necessary. I was flying at a faster speed than @Butter575 and pilots are responsible for maintaining a safe and reasonable distance from each other.

Runway Change: Did not receive a pattern entry for 05R.

Departure: Cleared me for the option after approving me for departure.

Transition: Cleared at or above 4,500ft. You could have cleared me at 3,000ft to satisfy IFR separation rules.

You always round up, never down!

Remarks: You only need to give a pattern entry for inbounds and runway changes . If they are remaining in the pattern, a pattern entry is not necessary because you would have previously issued make left or right traffic. Therefore, they are already in the pattern direction and will be flying all of the pattern legs. They will just need a sequence (if required), and a clearance.

Feel free to give clearance on the crosswind of the pattern. This gets it out of the way and is one less thing you have to worry about.

Some stuff to work on but keep up the practice!

2 Likes

You would add 2500 to the current altitude. In this case Manchester is about 200ft

200 + 2500 = 2700 and you round up so it should be 3000

2 Likes

That’s what I meant, thanks!

2 Likes