FPS drop whenever I look up

Whenever I look up the fps drops significantly, when I look at the ground it’s perfectly fine. It seems to get worse at higher altitudes or when I’m in the cockpit. I’ve only noticed it happening after 21.8. It completely ruins being in the cockpit or hud view. It doesn’t happen all the time however. I’m on an S10+ which is a pretty powerful device so I don’t really know what’s going on here

Edit: here is a demo Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 Like

Welcome to IFC!

1 Like

Hello, do you have low power mode enabled in Infinite Flight’s General Settings possibly? Does the frame rate jump back up once you touch the screen and pan the camera in the cockpit? I am unable to reproduce this on my current long haul flight at FL380.

Aircraft = A359
iPad Pro 12.9 (2021) PadOS 15.3
Graphics all High
Anti-Aliasing On

Cockpit / Captain Camera View
Normal Mode:
60 fps | 16.7ms | Ping: 49ms/60ms

Low Power Mode:
10 fps | 100.1ms | Ping: 100.1ms/102ms

It’s most likely just ur device, the S10+ is a few years old now, perhaps try turning the graphics down and getting back to us? If it persists mind sending a ss of your graphic settings

able to reproduce. I lose 5fps when I look at the top panel

B77F
Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro
Graphics all high
Anti-Aliasing On

Cockpit / captain view
30fps

Low power
10fps

Try turning anti aliasing off and see if that helps at all

The S10+ might be a few years old, but it still has some really solid specs:

@Kirito_77 @Starley anything to add here?

that is weird. I have a snapdragon 865 chip which is newer than the 855. so I really shouldn’t be getting that problem

This is kind of a shot in the dark, but I have had slight frames issues when clouds are enabled. Maybe try disabling clouds and see if that helps improve fps when looking up?

I’ll certainly can have a look when I’m home, though my results might differ slightly 🤓

@Logan_Shaver would you happen to know if your S10+ is either Exynos or Snapdragon?

1 Like

Welcome!! Try changing your rendering resolution and brightness, (which sometimes helps) and if that doesn’t work, try clearing your cache.

This is definitely a weird one. It would make more sense if it was the other way round.

I have a OnePlus 7 Pro which has the SD855 (the same CPU that can be found on the Snapdragon version of the S10/+) and I’m not encountering those issues, so it would be useful to know whether you are using the Exynos version or the Snapdragon version.
Additionally: Could you share your graphics and weather settings with us?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.