FPLtoIF (Northern Oceanic Track System)

Hi guys I am planning on doing a flight from Dublin EIDW - Boston KBOS today for EIVA and I was planning the route via FPLtoIF and I checked the winds at the altitude I was going to fly at (30,000 to start off) and there is currently 120kts winds right where my route goes through (shown below). My Question is , is there any way at all to get the route to go over the Northern Track System or do I just have to stick to the route given? Any help appreciated. Have a nice day guys.

1 Like

You’re not obliged to use a FPLtoIF route. You can always create an own route the way you like it by adding waypoints on your own 😊

1 Like

Yes I know but I don’t want a route with like 2 waypoints over the Atlantic and then like 40 waypoints on land

1 Like

If the route won’t work for you, I guess you may create a manual flight plan and just add the waypoints where ever you’d like, but making it realistic. Hope you will have a nice flight!

1 Like

Actually there isn’t as much waypoints in real life and you are more likely not be able to find them over the Atlantic. So don’t be afraid to plot your way over the Atlantic.

2 Likes

You can use skyvector to find more appropriate airways

You can also go through Simbrief and edit your route or select another one

1 Like

Its fine now i made my own custom flight plan. This Topic can be closed

You can go to SimBrief and include the waypoints from the NATX routes for today.

Updated daily:

3 Likes

They use less waypoints then you think.

2 Likes

Wow, amazing. This is really useful!

1 Like

@ChrisToxz check this too:

3 Likes

How do you make a flight plan on windy?

I set the altitude im gonna fly at eg. I am flying now from Orlando to Dublin so i checked the winds at my cruising altitude FL300 to start off and then i make the fpl around the windy parts onto IF

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.