FPLtoIF.com - January Update

What is FPLtoIF?

FPLtoIF.com is a free, ad-free, mobile friendly website that assists pilots in copying their flight plan from Flight Aware or SimBrief into Infinite Flight. The site identifies missing waypoints and replaces them with GPS coordinates for a complete Infinite Flight plan. Additional features include the ability to save your plans, random flight generator, server stats, METAR lookup, and much more.

FPLtoIF is not affiliated with Infinite Flight.

January 2019 FPLtoIF Update

Over the next few days, depending on how busy my work clients keep me, I will be rolling out new updates to the site for the January release. Some items like the livery database are already live.

General Updates

1. Added a livery database to the side menu.

2. Made some behind the scenes performance updates, formatting, etc.

3. You may or may not have already noticed that the random flight generator has a list of current active server controllers so you can more easily plan your trip. For example, say KMIA is open and a featured airport for today and you would like to find a 3 hour flight that ends at KMIA. Simply select 3 hours and KMIA from the drop down. I also registered randomflightgenerator.com as a shortcut.

4. I updated the database with the latest navigation update.

Simbrief

1. Overall redesign of the simbrief results page.

2. Added the ability to automatically lookup and add SID/STARs to your plan. Simply select the SID/STAR and press the button. The associated waypoints will be validated and inserted into your plan.

…Which results in

3. Added the ability to add/delete waypoints. From the plan you can press on the trash can to delete waypoints or use the insert page to search for, validate, and insert waypoints into your plan.

4. Added a link to airport diagrams. Currently this is limited to mostly US airports due to Flight Aware availability

5. Simbrief Plan URL is designed to be copied and shared with others. Sharing a link will NOT require you to log into SimBrief once generated.

6. Added the identified runway intercept altitude (when possible) to help you plan your intercept.

What’s Next?

Sometimes these types of projects start out as something quick and over time as new functionality is added and the site grows it reaches a point where the developer looks back at some thinks “Wow why did I do it this way?”. My next step is to do a code review of all the pages along with a redesign to make the site a little easier on the eyes and to navigate. Remove code snippets that do nothing, remove unwanted functions, blah blah blah. So you get to look forward to that.

I am also working on a slack integration for the random flight generator. Provide it the length departure or destination and it will return the plan details all inside if slack.

Thanks!

If you see anything odd or have questions, please PM me. (not in this thread please)

Give it a try today! FPLtoIF.com

Happy planning!

FPL-logo-color

Auto Fuel Calculation
Flight aware
Simbrief

Just amazing. Thank you so much for this incredible site.

Great Job Chris! Super excited for the future of this website!

This is amazing. Can’t wait to use it

The ability to pick, retrieve and insert the SIDs and the STARs into the flight plan will be so helpful! Thank you Chris!

This looks lit. Great job.
Will certainly keep using this in the future

Nice job Chris!
Love the site a lot already :)

Awesome, awesome, just awesome! Good work @Chris_S, I am looking forward what you will add!

Nice job!
I like the new Safari favicon as well :)

Selectable SIDs and STARs now, lets goo! So happy for this update. :)

Really looking forward to this update. I think the feature that I’m most looking forward to is the runway intercept altitude! Keep it up👍👍

so its not out?

Pieces are but with the nature of the changes I have to move some in pieces.

“BOY DO I LOVE LIVEFLIGHT WITH A SIDE OF FPLTOIF!” -Balloonchaser partly

This update is so great! I’ll find the livery database extra useful.

You mean I don’t have to spend 20 minutes trying to find the right SID/STAR? Great 😁

This is just amazing Chris! Thanks so much!

Thank you for your hard work on it. Now we can customize more about our flight plans with some simple steps.

OMG thank you for adding this! This and the airport diagrams are probably gonna be my two favorite features in this update because now I don’t have to spend minuets finding them🤗

wow thank you for the hard work to achieve this! Great Work! Really lookin gforward to the SID/STAR additon, i think that will be a real game changer.