Some of us are not aviation experts (myself included) and could use a little help creating more realistic flight plans. Sometimes there may be waypoints missing from IF that need to be researched and converted. Introducing http://FPLtoIF.com!
FPLtoIF.com is a free, ad-free, mobile friendly website that will assist you in copying your flight plan from Flight Aware or SimBrief. Made from scratch by yours truly.
How does it work?
Once on the website, the procedures are simple:
- Select Flight Aware of SimBrief.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for each source.
- The website will analyze the generated flight plan and fill in missing waypoints with GPS coordinates where needed.
- The IF friendly flight plan will be generated. Pressing a single button will copy the plan to your clipboard
- Paste the plan into IF and you are on your way.
- Available for both solo and PRO routes.
- Additional SimBrief analysis including fuel, VS calculation, passenger count, and weight.
- Log of the last 20 plans to give you an idea of where you can fly to.
- Did I mention it is #makeitfree compliant!
- Added SimBrief support for VORs
- Added support to handle duplicate waypoints that show on the other side of the world.
May 2018 Release!
The past few months I have been working on a number of enhancements to the site:
Not that you care, but the new server has that clean server smell to it with upgraded infrastructure. Sure it costs me money each month but you are worth it.
You can create a login and have the ability to save your favorite plans for later use. No need to regenerate your flight plan, just click and go! This feature requires a profile to be created.
Quick little feature to allow you to enter the ICAO code of an airport and see the weather.
Since I have added a few bells and whistles I started to run our of room on the page. I created a menu to give you easier access to the various features.
Random Flight Generator
This community driven feature helps to solve the question of “Where do I fly today?”. Simply filter for regional, short, medium, long, super haul flights and it will generate a random plan for you from the pool of saved plans. This means that when you save a plan, you are helping your fellow pilots too! This feature is open to all regardless if you have a profile or not.
Did you know that I capture server stats? You can see what planes are in the air for each server. You can also sort it by plane or by counts.
Active Expert ATC
You can quickly see which frequencies are open on the expert server. This is updated every five minutes.
Saving profiles involves logging in, and profile creation. Along with that comes the ability to change your password. Also a number of performance tweaks behind the scenes.
There have been a number of changes so if you encounter any issues, please PM me. Please do not reply here so we can keep the thread clean.
Give it a try today! FPLtoIF.com