Forum Suspension Table

This would be considered as an informal warning I’d say.
Formal are highlighted in yellow and have a red marking.

3 Likes

The warning was informal, no yellow highlighting or official warning with tracking was generated. Mods and Staff utilize informal warnings to cool things down for situations where there may have been a misunderstanding or some emotions were heightened. Cases where there is an informal warning issued are minor in nature and the intent is for a positive outcome and understanding. Hope that helps :) @baseball_inferno

2 Likes

Does the suspensions and official warning gets reset after some time? Or does it permanently stay on your account.

They stay on your profile.If you got a warning 2 years ago for creating a duplicate profile because you forgot and then got a warning today for flag spamming it doesn’t mean its your second warning and you get banned or anything. Now if you were already unofficially warned about it, this is your official warning where the next time would be a one week suspension. (see #2)

We have been following this model for a while but decided to streamline and document it to be more transparent when it comes to forum decisions.

2 Likes

An example of a official warning is this:

And as @Chris_S mentioned a PM with yellow background.

6 Likes

Hey is there a list of these users who have raided or been misconducting? In IFC or in VA’s?

Yes but not publicly. Those who need to know have access to the appropriate information.

11 Likes

If someone gets suspended from IFC, is there communication between the mods/staff and the individual as to why they were suspended?

1 Like

Yes, we are in constant communication.

7 Likes

Excuse my ignorance, but why are duplicate accounts strictly not allowed, even when not suspended?

Largely for the simple reason no-one needs more than one, but also due to the fact that duplicate accounts are more likely to be used for purposes other than community engagement, the likes of ‘like farming’ being prominent.

11 Likes

Okay, thank you!

1 Like

Sometimes I see suspended accounts and the reason is just a period (.)
Why is that?

1 Like

Overlap of issues will result in a SUM TOTAL
suspension. So they may have had three issues where each would count for one year.

Also I think a violation of Terms of Service can result in a three-year

Because the reason may not be something that should be shared publicly.

7 Likes

Oh Ok. Thank You!

1 Like

How do the moderators/staff decide on how long of a time duration a user should be suspended or banned for?

1 Like

They throw darts.

(Serious answer:

Like everything of this nature, I doubt they will ever spell everything out entirely. Both because the general user doesn’t need to know, and, two, because if they did, they’d lose the flexibility to ever vary from it, as people tend to become beholden to everything being carved in stone like missives from a deity rather than rough guidelines.

Those guidelines, and who is currently under their thumb, or who will he in the future, I’m sure, is not something that they feel any urgent need to share with us.

Nor should they.)

11 Likes

It states in the suspension table. And when you suspend a user there is also multiple options.

See how the scroll bar is in the. Middle?

Hope this helps a little @NathanD ☺️

7 Likes

What’s longer than forever?

2 Likes