We strive to make the rules and regulations of the forum as clear as possible. Below you can find the forum suspension table, the guide we use when addressing issues amongst the community. This is strictly adhered to at all times by both moderators and staff.
May 2020 Changelog
- Added clarity that the rules apply to DMs as well as public threads
- Additional notes that clarify that staff set the boundaries of discourse or convictions that can be shared on this forum
- Changes ‘to any member/staff’ to ‘directed at any member/staff’ for Misconduct 5
- Makes clear staff can read DMs at any time, however moderators can only see if flagged by a member within that DM
- Changed ‘sum total time’ of suspensions for multiple issues to ‘highest penalty of the combined issues’ in note ii)
Q: When do moderators and staff read my direct messages?
A: We read DMs when flagged by the system. Moderators can only read DMs when the system flags it, however, staff have the ability to do so at any time. Staff only read DMs in addition to when flagged if we believe there is a potential safeguarding or rule breach issue that needs investigating.
Q: Why can I not talk about whatever I want on here? What about free speech?
As noted in note iv), staff have the ability to set the parameters of what is acceptable or not in a discussion. By participating on this forum, you agree to this rule. This is supported by our official terms of service.
Q: A decision that a moderator or staff member has made makes me feel unsafe/not welcome on this forum. What do I do?
We welcome all on this forum, and we actively make sure this forum is a place where people can feel safe and free from discrimination of any kind. If we have made a decision relating to the general rules of this forum, a decision relating to other users accounts, or any other decision that makes you feel vulnerable, please bring it to the attention of staff immediately. We will look to address the issue with discretion and respect.