Forum Etiquette

I agree with you both.

The mods here are good, but I certainly don’t think that necessary action is not being taken.

There may be some things going on behind the scenes that we don’t see- But, there is not enough of it, clearly.

I can think of one individual who has been suspended, but it is not being made sure that he is re-integrating himself into the communith correctly. Is he being monitored? I doubt it…And if he is there are some people not doing their job properly.

But, I do recognize it takes time and it isn’t easy, and you do this in your free time. But proper, serious, action is required at the end of the day.

Have a good night fellas @carmalonso @divebuddha

2 Likes

Proper, serious action is being taken. Just because we don’t publicly create threads about the action being taken doesn’t mean numerous conversations have taken place via PM to isolate and prevent these issues from re-occuring.

And yes, he is being monitored, and yes, we are doing our job correctly. I’ve deleted more than 20 posts today relating to multiple issues surrounding a particular user, as well as having issued multiple formal and informal warnings.

Suspensions don’t solve everything - we are working on the best outcome for everybody, a lot of it is done behind the scenes :)

4 Likes

I appreciate that- But the fact of the matter is that, yes, you can delete posts, and close threads e.t.c all you want- But the blatant reality is the same people, keep posting the same type of stupidity over and over again, despite “serious and proper action” being taken “behind the scenes” on multiple occasions.

And I don’t expect you to publicly create threads about it- That’s not at all what I’m referring to.

Cameron, I feel like I’m having a go at you. I’m honestly not. You’re a great guy and I consider you a good friend. Please take this constructively and personally, which I’m sure you will having recently said something similar yourself.

Cheers @carmalonso

1 Like

I appreciate that you guys spend a lot of your own time, with no reward, helping this community, and that issues like these are hard to solve, and whether the action you take is or isn’t enough, you guys are trying your best. It’s a hard job.

2 Likes

A lot happened this afternoon; things aren’t always the way they seem, let’s just see how this works out tomorrow :)

4 Likes

I’m alright with that. Please don’t take offence. I am just passionate about this community and would hate to ever see it go downhill.

Have a good night Cam :)

2 Likes

A lot happened this afternoon; things aren’t always the way they seem, let’s just see how this works out tomorrow :)

That worries me a lot thou I trust you

1 Like

People who really appriciate the work of the devs, mods, will from inside thank the devs and mods A LOT I mean I a lot. Thou they are not sharing it, even I do it, I think to my self "freaking hell I love this “thank you developers” I sometimes say it to myself.

A person who really has a kind heart WILL accpeapt to them selfs that happiness is a reward. Making people happy makes me happy and proud !!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Agreed. Your a good, smart man Babu. All the best buddy :) ;)

@divebuddha Same here mate. I think it’s important that members and mods can debate and discuss issues in a civil and respectful manner. Hope your doing well Leigh :) ;)

1 Like

And all is now good… @carmalonso

1 Like

Thank you ((: same to you ((:

1 Like

Sorry for of topic but @Mr.Jatt, thou is a way of saying you so for using a short form of though, use tho…

1 Like

Thanks will do in the future. ((: English not my first language. Thanks

1 Like

@carmalonso… Max Sez; “Adroit”

1 Like

Bumping up this post from last year… :)

6 Likes

I’m bumping this back up. This post hasn’t been seen by many since it’s had almost a year of inactivity and doesn’t deserve to be hidden in the plethora of other topics.

I’ve noticed lots of forum users, especially newer ones, have not been showing the best conduct and etiquette here, recently. You guys need to definitely read this in its entirety and understand what the Infinite Flight Community Forums is all about.

Organization is extremely important here on the forums. Without it, the forums would turn into bedlam. Would you want to be part of a group like that has no sense of direction or organization? I didn’t think so. When posting here, try to keep things as orderly as possible by putting your topic in the right category and search before posting to prevent duplicates.

This is place where we are all friendly. Even though you may disagree with the person, it doesn’t call for arguments that go on and on. This simply causes confusion in the topic and makes the discussion go off topic and haywire. As Cameron rightly said, “Be civilised, offer your perspective and constructive comments towards their ideas, but don’t criticise people.”

I want to point your attention to this amazing point:

Please pay close attention to that statement above. Many of you, including a few regulars, have been breaking a few of those guidelines.

If you are trying to show emphasis, don’t use screaming caps, it is unnecessary and extremely annoying to see. Use either italics or bold to show it, but please use it sparingly because, they too, get distracting and are annoying to see sometimes. (i.e. You should really stop what you’re doing).

When making a topic title, avoid making it vague or clickbait-y (i.e. “Help me!” or “Look at this!”). Make your title as concise and understandable as possible (i.e. “New Seats on the United 777” or “My game keeps crashing”). If you’re making a support topic, please provide enough details about your issue. New guidelines have been put into place by tech support staff, @david. If you are looking for help on a technical issue in Infinite Flight, adding those details in the topic body will help solve your issue quicker.

If you find out your topic is a duplicate, please don’t comment “mods, close this” and don’t tag a moderator to close. Yes, some don’t mind if you do that, but that defeats the purpose of the flag function. Simply flag your post as “something else,” describe why the topic should be closed, and a mod will handle it shortly. Don’t worry, flagging someone’s topic as “something else” does not affect their flag count in order to rank up in trust levels.

As of most recently, GIFs are now frowned upon here so please avoid using them. If you see someone using it, kindly remind them that it’s not allowed, provide a link to the rule, and ask if they can remove the post (or simply flag it).

The mods are here for a reason: to keep things functioning smoothly and to prevent chaos and disorder.

I know I just basically repeated everything that Cameron has said, but I just wanted to reiterate on a lot of points since the forum has changed a lot in the past year. The community forums is a great place to be in and I am honored to be a part of it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to either comment below or send a private message to the moderators, or myself.

– CptNathanHope, Infinite Flight Community Regular :)

8 Likes

This post, specifically the section I have highlighted, appears to be more relevant than ever and I encourage anyone who hasn’t already to read this and take note.

6 Likes