Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles

Today I flew between the 2nd major city in South Florida ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž which is for those who donโ€™t know is Fort Lauderdale ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ฅ๏ธ also known as the yacht capital of the world! ๐ŸŒŽ๐Ÿ›ฅ๏ธ and I flew across the country to LA ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ“ธ and NO this was not part of any event but โ€œWhy did I do this?โ€ you might ask and you might also ask, โ€œWhy did you do this from FLL instead of MIA?โ€ Well 1st of all, I wanted to do this flight because on September 1st, I will be doing this EXACT flight IRL so yes I am going to LA ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ“ธ irl on jetBlue on one of their A321s and second of all, Im going to be departing to LAX from FLL instead of MIA but with that out of the way, LETS BEGIN!

Flight Info

Origin: Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl ( KFLL )
Destination: Los Angeles Intl ( KLAX )
Flight Time: 5:02
Airbus A321-200 ( jetBlue)
Server: Expert

Got some Starbucks โญ๏ธโ˜•๏ธ here at FLL, and here is the Airbus A321 Iโ€™ll be flying across the country to Hollywood ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ“ธ it is equipped with jetBlues business class, mint itโ€™s not the same as on their A321neos and LRs and the flight IRL is supposed to be on a regular A321 but something can change between now ( June 14th ) and September 1st or maybe thatโ€™s my expectation but I could get a gift from jetBlue like American who sent us a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner ( my 1st time on one ) when I flew to Cali, Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด ( IRL ) back in March 2022 but that was because there was high demand for traveling to Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด at the time but for now, I expect a traditional A321 but it will still be fun since I havenโ€™t flown a JB A321 yet the last time I flew them was on an A320 and that was back in 2014 so it still had the old interior but without any more rambling, letโ€™s board!

As we take off from FLLs RWY 10L I gotta say, this was one of if not the CLEANEST ๐Ÿงผ๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ rotation Iโ€™ve ever done in an A321 but enough of praising my rotation, Till the next time Fort Lauderdale ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ฅ๏ธ and South Florida ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž California, ๐Ÿปโ˜€๏ธ HERE I COME!!!

Just like my previous Airbus A321 cross country flight, we step climbed same altitudes as the flight before, FL320 โ†’ FL340 and finally FL360 the air was smooth the WHOLE flight, I turned off the seatbelt sign and released the cabin cre for their service as we took in the view over Lake Okeechobee, the biggest lake in Florida ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐ŸŠ and 10th largest in the USA ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ and 2nd biggest located ENTIRELY in the 48 contiguous states with Lake Michigan being #1.

4 hours later, we cross over Phoenix, Arizona ๐ŸŒต๐Ÿœ๏ธ with a very busy Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Airport ( KPHX ) There was actually a community event at PHX so thatโ€™s why it was busy.

With Los Angeles ๐ŸŒด๐Ÿ“ธ in sight, itโ€™s time to turn on the seatbelt sign, collect trash as we begin our approach into LAXs RWY 25L definitely looking forward to experience this approach in September!

TOUCHDOWN!! Welcome to Los Angeles Intl Airport ( KLAX ) 5 hours and 2 minutes after I left Fort Lauderdale ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ฅ๏ธ and yes by only ONE minute, this is now the longest flight Iโ€™ve done on the live servers. But Iโ€™m planning on going longer as I might fly from Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž to Lima ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ช one day in the summer but not today obviously.

American Airlines A321 or jetBlue A321? Or even better, jetBlue A321 with American Airlines Boeing 777-300ER their flagship โค๏ธ

Here we are, parked at gate 54B at LAX after a lovely flight from Fort Lauderdale ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ฅ๏ธ and I gotta say, Iโ€™m getting better with the A321 I remember back in May struggling to land one at FLL because it was โ€œtoo floatyโ€ but I was flaring way too much now, I barely flare I pointed the nose down and pitched up at like 10ft AGL and still was able to land well maybe a little late but overall, fun flight with spectacular views and a spectacular departure from SoFlo ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž and a spectacular approach into SoCal ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ“ธ and let me know, Should I post shots from when I do this flight IRL in September? And tomorrow I will be posting the 2nd part of my โ€œTo Colombia in Luxury!โ€ trip but anyways, between now and the time see you in the sky! ๐Ÿ˜‰

11 Likes

Nice trip report! Sounds like it was a nice flight!

1 Like