Fort Lauderdale [KFLL] TS1 CLOSED

Hey guys,

Been a little while, so I am trying to refresh my skills. Come along in whatever aircraft you want and test me however you want! The plus side is that you can moan at me at the end!

REGION : FLORIDA

Good Luck

6 Likes

Still open, me and @QantasVirtualGroup are all alone here

2 Likes

I’ll come as 9V-SMB😉

1 Like

Looking forward to it already!

1 Like

Sorry about the connection issues - tried to cope as much as I could

2 Likes

Feedback is always welcome!

2 Likes

Your feedback:

• A sequence would have been better instead of “I’ll call your base” when I was on downwind with another aircraft.

• If there are both RWYs in use for patterns you should better “cleared for the option, make right traffic”

The rest was quite good, especially that you didn’t issue a landing clearance when I reported full stop; keep practicing and you’ll make it ;)

2 Likes

Somehow I disconnected from Tower and I can’t contact Tower at the time you sent me on-guard message. Maybe connection issues

I thought you were only meant to use that after runway change or after an inbound call touch and go?

1 Like

Same here (I wasn’t flying today but I was just browsing the convo). When you use a make right/left traffic after you clear, it’s for a plane that has called inbound for t&g, or if they request a runway change.

1 Like

Didn’t the Cactus call remaining in the pattern? Waited for him to turn crosswind…

1 Like

Yes - he was a nimrod and entered the runway without permission. I asked him to extend upwind but just ended up swiping his callsign away

2 Likes

From what I see, He is heading to KTPA on the map. That’s why I usually check their FPL if they are below Grade 3

2 Likes

Session closed thanks to everyone for coming. Leave feedback below or in PM - whichever is more convenient

2 Likes

Thank you for nice ATC work.

I did not report full stop on last approach since it was little traffic. Do ATC prefer the full stop call anyway?
I have read/heard different opinions on this.

Very good!
Transition, runway change, clearance, go around… All very good!
I have only two things for you.
First one, when I requesred runway change, you forgot to sequence me ( only that one time)
Second one, When I try to take shortcut on right crosswind (sorry for that, just for test you), maybe better solution was to resequence then ask me to make left 360.
Hope this helps
Damir
Croatia 1

Yeah sorry about the sequence - I was in the rhythm of just doing two commands. Totally my fault. On the second point, there were four aircraft in the pattern so re-sequencing wasn’t really an option and the 360 worked out fine in the end.

You should, in order to avoid confusion with departing aircraft cutting each other´s way :)

I think the method for pilots, is to assume the same unless told other wise. But I will try to bear that in mind for next time :)

KFLL ATC, TS1 is open - come along and fly some patterns.

1 Like