Formula to determine takeoff thrust

I have been tired of searching data about this issue I have, it’s my biggest request for you guys to tell me the formula to determine takeoff thrust.

It is the only phase of flight I need to complete my flight steps, so I simple question for those that knows what I am talking about.

What Is the RIGHT FORMULA TO DETERMINE TAKEOFF THRUST?

3 Likes

N1 (the green number above the throttle) should say N1 95% on takeoff. Just test out the different aircraft for it. The 737, CRJ, and A320s are 89% throttle and the 777 series is 85% throttle, many of the others are 77%, the A330 is 92 or 93%, etc. Turboprops and propellor planes are at 95% throttle.

9 Likes

I use TOGA every time 😂🤦‍♂️

10 Likes

I never run at 95% N1, from real world experience - the aircraft I operate on never go over 91%

6 Likes

You are talking about N1 right?:)
Thanks for the nice reply👨‍✈️

1 Like

The aircraft examples are the percent on the throttle. Just make sure the N1 is 95%

1 Like

There are so many variable that it’s impossible to give you a straight answer.

You need to get hold of the performance data out of the QRH for whichever aircraft you want it for.

As far as engine thrust goes the minimum N1 you can legally use is 80% and the maximum depends on the engine but can, despite popular opinion, be as high or higher than 100%.

2 Likes

I’ve seen B787s taking off with as low as 84% N1 before, and 777s run with anything up to 107% N1.

(Note: I do indeed mean N1)

1 Like

🤣🤣, i hope I’m the near future we could see some features like FMC and stuff like TOGA

1 Like

Okey that’s another acceptable opinion

N1 for me is always 85-90%, although on large planes when having full fuel, pax, cargo, etc., I go up to 90-100%, sometimes even up to 105%

1 Like

Thanks man🙏✈️

1 Like

Okey, I’ll use it as the maximum👨‍✈️

The more weight the more power

2 Likes

Guys, do you agree with using plane testing as a way to know the right N1%?

@IF787 @Jack_BC @A_Hippopotamus @baseball_inferno @Mags885 @Stu

Yes, it takes many tries to find correct N1%, at least for me it did. I used to have trouble with the A330 not lifting up because not enough power and then too much power and floating. Took me probably 20-30 takoffs to perfect it. Now the A330 is one of the easiest planes to handle for me.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think a lot of it is just down to experience. When flying GA it’s just about always 100%, but obviously it varies quite a bit with commercials. Practice makes perfect - the majority of my hours are shared between the B787-9 and A380 in game, so I know fairly well how to handle those. I’d have no clue with the MD-11 though

1 Like

You have to test it out. This will come with experience. I’ld recommend practice one aircraft at a time.
Simple variable. 85% is what i go with minimum N1.
-The heavier you are more throttle.
-Shorter the runway. More power to accelearate faster.
Side note. You can decrease power once all flaps are up… If you are not heavy enough and only used extra juice from the engine for fast acceleration due to short runway. In real life it is denoted as thrust reduction altitude, as far as my knowledge goes
I’m not a pilot so I could be wrong. But this is what i follow based on my research.

1 Like

Also a warning. Dont use 85% on f22. You will shoot up like q rocket and not aircraft. 😂😂😂

1 Like