ForeFlight link

With the ForeFlight link why do you have to use 2 devices otherwise it won’t work. This would mean I would have to get another iPad which would cost me almost $1000. Why is this, could this be changed?

For what it’s worth, ForeFlight is typically a product only used by real world pilots. For the price that you have to pay, I would only buy it if I had to use it for real world flying too. But to answer your question, yes, you would need a second device.

1 Like

I fly in real life but I only need 1 device which is my iPad. I use it for IF too. dose the link have to work like this?

Yes, the link to IF requires two devices.

1 Like

Could that be changed?

I don’t see that happening, considering Infinite Flight’s never been able to run in a split screen.

1 Like

ForeFlight Link does work on the same device - we don’t officially support it though as @Thunderbolt said, since we don’t support multitasking/split-screen on iOS. No plans for this at this time either, sorry!

2 Likes

I use the multitasking feature that my iPad has with IF and ForeFlight. I don’t live in Reno but when I spawn into Reno with IF on it shows I’m there which means the ForeFlight link is on and working but won’t transfer the FLP.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.