For The Love Of Classic Airliners/Aviation

Ooohh Yeah!!!

The best livery to ever grace the L-1011!!!

All of them. ESPECIALLY Braniff and ATA

1 Like

Analog cockpits rule!!

I flew on this aircraft. 😃

This was my favorite episode of Mighty Machines when I was younger. Lots of classic aviation in this episode.

5 Likes

That show is my childhood.

2 Likes

😍😍😍

Yes that show was fire!! I watched that episode like a million times.

2 Likes

That episode is where my love for Canadian airlines stems from lol

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I last posted here. I honestly didn’t know AA had these.

4 Likes

Based on your own opinion, which decade would you say was the backbone of classic aviation. (It can be anything from liveries ,to airlines,to types of aircraft, airport design, etc. whatever you think)

• 40s
  • 50s
  • 60s
  • 70s
  • 80s
  • 90s

0 voters

2 Likes

50’s.

The jets that built up the commercial aviation market in the 60’s (707, DC-8), were originally designed, first flown, and entered service in the 50’s. The 1950’s were also when jet engines were perfected and began replacing propeller aircraft in all sectors of the aviation market. While the 60’s may have been when jets ultimately took over commercial aviation, the 50’s is when the transition to jet power began.

2 Likes

Love me some ANA Mohican colors, I’m glad they have a 767 painted in this livery as a retro bird.

3 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful

2 Likes

I would call that jet a “pocket rocket”

1 Like

I have no idea if I’ve posted this here before, but at Shannon Airport (KEZF), there’s a really cool DC-3 that does airshow, etc. There’s literally no security, no gate, nothing, so so could’ve walked right up to it

5 Likes

Absolutely stunning. 😍😍😍

1 Like