For The Love Of Classic Airliners 2.0

People are going to call me insane, but I really like Crj-200. I have a liking for smaller regional airliners. Like the Jetstream 31, Fairchild Metroliner, Emb-120, Beechcraft 1900C and D, etc…

2 Likes

Funny how he keeps reuploading his North Korea stuff every couple of years, lol.

And the part where he said that Soviet aircraft are not in use anymore is actually wrong, pretty sure they use the Tu 154 to fly to Russia. Glad he was wrong to be honest, really cool to still see it flying nowadays.

Shame every Air Koryo livery got repainted into the boring new livery as of January 2024, was a really great livery.

2 Likes

Sad day for tomorrow. The remaining DC-8 fleet is about to shrink again.

1 Like

Check this out! Not that old but I wanted to share it here, although aviation related. Can’t believe t5 has been open for 15 years! I never flew with JetBlue when they used t6
IMG_2685

But here’s the video anyway

3 Likes

Crazy old camera vibes

3 Likes

Dang. Too bad I won’t be up in Pocatello tomorrow

The paisley. Have to love Paisley!

1 Like

DC8 coming over to Pocatello for its retirement flight

5 Likes

As do I. I’ve never had a problem flying in the CRJ-200. I like smaller aircraft because they have less people on board. Why the CRJ-200 receives so much visceral hate by aviation enthusiasts is astounding. I’ll bet you more than half of the haters haven’t even flown on it before let alone seen one in person.

1 Like

If this isn’t put into a museum, NASA should never be taken seriously ever again. Period!

Don’t read what I linked then

At least it is not getting scrapped

1 Like

Tbh I like smaller commercial planes since they feel cozier

1 Like

If we’re going to talk classic, let’s talk Classic.

Source

The Junkers F-13, considered to be the world’s first true, purpose-built commercial transport of relative success.

6 Likes

What about the Wright Flyer? Doesn’t really get any more classic that that for heavier than air travel! Lol

2 Likes

It really can’t get more classic than this.

5 Likes

I went to Toronto’s Billy Bishop Airport yesterday, and I started exploring the area. I peered into a hanger, and I saw a converted cargo container thing with the words “City Express” on the side of it. I don’t know anything really about this airline but here is a photo of one of the aiarcraft they used. I think it is a kinda cool little peace of history

5 Likes

Remember what plane did the First crossing of the English Channel? Can’t forget the Bleriot Xi, one of my personal favorites for early planes.

4 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on an avro RJ/ BAE 146 in the sim

3 Likes

Bae-146-100 should be added. Why not add the original, after all?

8 Likes