Food pilots eat

On the flight, do pilots and cabin crews have the same meals as passengers? Or what kind of meals and snacks do they love to eat?

I know that both pilots have each different meals for some reason.

2 Likes

Change this to #real-world-aviation. Pilots eat different meals incase of food poisoning.

4 Likes

Pilots, First-Officers, and passengers eat different food to prevent food-poisoning.

3 Likes

On short flights they might get a small snack,But long haul they get a first/business class meal i believe

2 Likes

our crews get what the camp chief makes and what DoD makes

3 Likes

I couldn’t find that category… how do I do?

I dont think you can post there since you are basic, I am not sure if thats real though.

@RotorGuy changed it. Yes I’m basic now so I appreciate everyone who teach me on this community!

1 Like

Nope, different food for pilots, although cabin crews yes same food as passengers.

1 Like

They eat different food than the passengers. Hopefully it’s not the Fish! Airplane! Movie reference

3 Likes

Yea, amazing peanuts :)

In all seriousness depends on the plane/airline and length of flight.

They get different meals in case one had a bad reaction to something. Everything main course and sides are different.

Swa pilots don’t get squat regardless of length of flight. AA on the other hand on flights greater than 3 hrs if meals are served to first class, pilots will get food.

Captain has first dibs on what he or she wants. The FO next. And in this pictures case I got an optional 1st class meal. Surprisingly good. The chutney spread was clutch 👌🏽

In this case:
Captain got rotisserie chicken with quiet a few side with a slice of cheesecake.
First Officer got some kinda fish with completely different sides I don’t remember.

They both apologized for me getting the sandwich, but I was starving, so I didn’t care what I got. ha. Plus it was going to be close to a 4 hr flight.

8 Likes

FO got fish…

7 Likes

Classic! Hahaha! Never gets old.

2 Likes

Why are we making all these Airplane! References? But yes, they get different food than passengers, and the pilots get different food too.

2 Likes

Why? Beacuse it’s one of the best movies. Ever :)

That is until I see the new TOP GUN

3 Likes

As @Erj145 said different foods for the captain and first officer .
And they got caviar and fish 🤪 .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.