Follow me car

Hello. In night flight we a facing a problem when it is hard taxi to runway or parking because nothing is visible. To solve this, I would like to propose, together with the creation of 3D buildings, to create a follow me car that would accompany the plane along the nearest route to the desired point, which can be selected on the airport map, this is either runway or parking. This would make the Taxi procedure very easy at night. Lamborghini from Bologna Airport will be great as an example

Photo taken from the Internet

As nice as I think this could be, I’d personally rather wait a longer amount of time for maybe some sort of taxiway light but I like the idea.

1 Like

This would be nice, but wouldnt IF need to get vehicle licenses for example Land Rover and Lambo

2 Likes

Voted!! :)

1 Like

I personally think this would be hard for the devs to work into the game and make it function properly.

1 Like

Thats a race car

4 Likes

They’re working on taxi lights so a Follow Me car wouldn’t be necessary anymore.

1 Like

I think it can be an add-on

1 Like

I have never seen a Lambo being a Follow Me car but okay 😂

I mean sure, why not but who would drive these? Can they be smart enough to stop when an aircraft is ahead etc? How would you control it?

1 Like

Is this something an ATC could drive around in? 🤣 Because I would see a rather long line of people keen to be a driver of any vehicle tbh.

1 Like

Great Idea. However, I can’t imagine it working at a busy Heathrow with over 100 arrivals. It would just be chaos with little cars racing around the airport. Also (I know nothing about coding) I imagine it would be hard to implement it into the game.

1 Like

I really like this idea. I think it would have to be implemented in a way such that only the user sees the car and other people on the server don’t see it, just to avoid chaos with a bunch of cars whirring around. It would also be nice if the car stopped if the aircraft stopped as well, so it doesn’t just whir off. Though with Metal and taxi lights coming in the (hopefully) not too distant future, it wouldn’t be that helpful at night, but it would be nice for the car to be used to lead you to the gate, especially at an unfamiliar airport.

1 Like

Love this cite

1 Like

Nice idea but wouldn’t work