Fokker 100

FOKKER 100

The Fokker 100 is a medium-sized, twin-turbofan jet airliner from Fokker. Upon introduction, the type possessed low operational costs and had scant competition in the 100-seat short-range class of regional airliner, which contributed to strong sales during the late 1980s. It was the largest jet airliner built by Fokker before its bankruptcy in 1996.

Specifications

The design of the Fokker 100 was announced in 1983 as an upgraded replacement of its already outdated commercial jet F28 Fellowship. Although most parts between the two aircraft are different, the Fokker 100 has been certified by the FAA - Federal Aviation Administration as Fokker 28-0100. The most notable distinction was the considerably longer fuselage, which increased the number of seats by 65%, going from 65 in the original F28 series to about 108 single-class, triple and twin seats.

Fokker also introduced a redesigned wing for the 100, which guaranteed a gain in efficiency of up to 32% on cruise flights. Fokker opted for the economical and modern Rolls-Royce Tay turbofan engines, while the cabin was enhanced with an EFIS instrument package.

• Technical Crew: Two
  • Seating Capacity: 122 (1 class - maximum)
  • Length: 35.53 m
  • Wingspan: 28.08 m
  • Wing Area: 93.5 m²
  • Height 8.50: m
  • Diameter of the fuselage: 3,30 m
  • Cabin width: 3,10 m
  • Height of Cabin: 2.01 m
  • Basic Operating Weight: 24 375 kg (53 738 lb) 24 541 kg (54 104 lb)
  • Maximum Take-off Weight: 43,090 kilograms (94 997 lb) 45,810 g * * * kilograms (100,994 lb)
  • Payload: 11 242 kilograms (24 784 lb) 11 993 kilograms (26 440 lb)
  • Maximum Cruising Speed: ​​845 km / h (525 mph, 456 knots), Mach 0.77
  • Range (MTOW): 1,323 nm (2,450 km) 1,710 nm (3,170 km)
  • Required Track: (MTOW) 1,520 m 1,621 m
  • Fuel Capacity: 13,365 L
  • Operating Ceiling: 35,000 feet (11,000 m)
  • Engines: (2x) Rolls-Royce Tay Mk 620-15 Rolls-Royce Tay Mk 650-15

Qantas link livery, Credit
Qantaslink-F100-VH-NHP-Dylan-Thomas

Hope it becomes a reality, it has been a long time with the old topic now closed

Airlines

As of July 2017, 113 aircraft are still in operational use with airlines.[1][27] Many of them are used in Australia by Alliance Airlines, Virgin Australia Regional Airlines and QantasLink in support of the mining industry, with low utilisation rates for an airline, around 1,200 hours per year.[28]

Governments

• Côte d’Ivoire Government (1)
  • French Government (1)
  • Slovak Government (2)
  • Myanmar Air Force (1)

Former operators

Credits to:

en.wikipedia.org

More info of Fokker 100

Hey, please limit only one picture per feature request.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll delete the rest!

2 Likes

Amazing mate!
What a great request… I’ll vote for it.

2 Likes

I like this! Preferably a USAir chrome livery 😏 I flew first class—one time when I was little on that livery.

2 Likes

Great request! I would love to see th Fokker 70 as well. Flown it many many times when KLM had them :)

3 Likes

Woow finaly!! I don’t had time to make a request about this Aircraft but you do!!

I have been on this Aircraft and that is weird in front of other types.
And the elevator is on topp of the Tail that is very Nice.
This should be in the Game.

2 Likes

Ah, ignore him. He’s just a big BIG FOKKER! lol, I love the request tho

5 Likes

My home airport is the capital of the Fokker 100

2 Likes

What a beautiful aircraft, ill see if I can free up a vote for this. Hopefully we’ll be able to see this in IF!

2 Likes

This would be a very good competitor to the 717 we have already and maybe the MD-80 in the future.

2 Likes

I hope they will add this one soon as they are going to extinct in Europe soon… :(

1 Like

There is lots of this aircraft in the Middle East, used for short hops usually to or from Iran. Would be great to have this aircraft! Don’t have a vote but if I can clear one it goes here!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s right :) would be cool to have Iran featured when this got added !

3 Likes

Don’t forget the Austrian Airlines livery. I feel like it’s being ignored so much!

7 Likes

YES! that will be perfect for flights into LOWI

3 Likes

Yeah bit sadly they‘re not in use anymore. The Iranian airlines still use it tho :)

1 Like

Has my vote!!

6 Likes

TradeAir has a cool livery !

4 Likes

Cleared one! This has my vote :)

1 Like