Foggy airports to practice low visibility approaches

I would like to practice and work on approaches in low visibility conditions (on the expert server). Therefore I would like to ask if anybody has any recommendations for airports (preferably 3D, but doesn’t really matter) that tend to have foggy conditions a lot where I cold practice these approaches (large enough to accommodate a narrow-body commerical aircraft, i.e. Airbus A220-300). Any recommendations would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Mumbai has bad vis a lot

3 Likes

I recommend going to an airport of choice on solo mode and turning the visibility as low or high as you want. You just have more control than online; if you crash, you can respawn. There is no difference as far as I know between solo and Iive relating to approaches or anything else that might concern you.

2 Likes

Dublin in the early morning is a great candidate

5 Likes

I recommend Mumbai. Mumbai is 12 months only foggy visibility and bad winds, some times even gusts especially in the rainy seasons. I live there so you can ask me anytime for bad conditions for you to practice in expert server.

1 Like

Haha that’s true.

2 Likes

You’re right. For some reason I just like the realism of doing irl flights on the expert server though.

1 Like

In solo if you crash, you can go 20sec backwards. That’s not a good practice to try out if you are a expert because you’ll get that habit of doing 20sec backwards and hence u won’t be able to do the same in online. If you are a beginner to IF then I recommend solo for sure. But if expert flying on the online server can give good practice to land in any weather

1 Like

https://www.badbadweather.com/visibility

here u go

4 Likes

This is actually very useful thank you.

3 Likes

Yeah thanks, super useful

2 Likes

You could also just kinda zoom in on the instruments kinda like wearing foggles irl. Not the same as actual imc obviously, but not a bad substitute for practice.

1 Like

yes greet gob

1 Like

Thank you, very helpful resource for flight sims in general!!!

2 Likes

glad to have helped!

2 Likes