Fog not disappearing

Hello,

So I have been flying for 2 hours now and the fog hasn’t gone away yet. I took off at EWR were the visibility was basically 0 but when I was in the air it stayed. 2 hours later the fog is there. Is anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

Wait so is there 0 visibilty while flying?
What Altritude are u in?

Also shouldnt this be in support?

I am at 32k feet

1 Like

oh that is a problem
Are you sure you are not in a cloud?Just joking

2 Likes

unfortunately i dont know how to handle this

Hi.

Are you still flying?
What’s the weather server status?
Which region are you flying above?
Do you have a stable internet connection?

Answer these questions so that I can get a further insight ;)

1 Like

The fog disappeared :) But it took more than 2 hours lol

1 Like

This was a known issue in beta, by the way.

2 Likes

Ok here is the surprise, they are the new clouds ☁️ in IF 😅😂.

I was flying earlier today from JFK-EGE, after departure, the fog was going in and out throughout the flight haha. It is known so don’t worry! It’s most likely a bit of the new rendering for the cloud system.

2 Likes

@Kamryn, @Pilot_M I think you guys are mistaking an actual weather event for a glitch. If both of you were flying out of New York there was a big Nor’Easter in the North East US yesterday (still going in parts of it) which was dumping a lot of snow. A side effect of this was reduced visibility which the game was interpreting as fog since it has no better means to do that with. I don’t know your exact positions when the fog disappeared but depending on which direction you flew two hours seems fairly plausible.

2 Likes

Yes, I know about that :)

Once you reach above the clouds, the fog will stay like that, even through very clear skies until you pass the altitude again when descending.

The fog did not disappear until I was in Colorado where my descent began is what I’m saying. Thats about 4 hours west of New York.

1 Like

Oh, well ya, that’s not right 😂

1 Like

I wish lol. But they aren‘t

1 Like

Yeah. I flew EWR-SAN and it disappeared like 2h in. Then it came back and went away while approaching

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.