Flying with Qatar Airways and strive for realism? This topic is for you!

Flying with Qatar Airways? This topic is for you!

Qatar Airways is a powerful and large airline in the aviation industry. Voted number 1 airline in the world continuously, they need to attain top professionalism and seriousness when doing their jobs.

I am a very frequent Qatar Airways flyer, and I know a lot about the airline and its operations. (none of the information here has been gained privately, everything has been googled and manually searched)

Lately I’ve seen a lot of pilots flying above restricted countries. Which is totally fine, but if you’re striving for realism you should read on. If you’re not aware already, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain have launched sanctions to Qatar since 2017. This is an “Oh oh” for Qatar Airways. The countries listed above have temporarily (Until further notice) blocked their airspaces’ to all Qatari aircraft. With this in Mind, Qatar Airways needs backup routes on how to escape the surrounded airspace. This topic is going to show you exactly how to do that if you strive for realism and love flying Qatar Airways in the virtual world of Infinite Flight!

(Some of these waypoints and flight plans are not Official as it is hard to find out the exact waypoints used by Qatari aircraft. These are estimations by looking at real-world flights.)

Flights towards Asia (Further East)

If you are flying to Japan, China, Vietnam, to Phillipines you would follow this flight path.
In your flight plan, include the waypoints in the following order;

PAVON -> 2762E

Your flight plan should look something like this. After or before you’ve imputed these waypoints, you may continue the flight planning at your own discretion. Your flight plan should look something like this:

Flights to Asia and Africa (Closer to the west)

if you’re flying to India, Singapore, Maldives, Indonesia imputes the following waypoints in order;

ULDUN -> ITLOB

You should have these 2 waypoints in your flight plan. After or before you’ve imputed them, you may continue your flight plan at your discretion. Your flight Plan should look something like this:

Flights to Europe (South) and North America

If you’re flying to London, Amsterdam, Budapest, Serbia, Italy, New York, Montreal, imput the following waypoints into your flight plan in order:

TASMI -> GADSI -> MUTLO -> NINVA

You should have these 4 waypoints in your flight plan. After or before you’ve imputed them, you may continue your flight plan at your discretion. Your flight plan should look something like this:

Flights to Europe and America (south and west)

If you’re flying to Sao Paulo, Athens, Mexico City, Morocco, imput these waypoints into your flight plan;

TASMI -> GADSI -> LEBOR

You should have these 3 waypoints in your flight plan. After or before you’ve imputed them, you may continue your flight plan at your discretion. Your flight plan should look something like this:

Flights to Northern Europe and Northern Middle East

If you’re flying to Oslo, Moscow, St.Petersburg, Helsinki, Baku, impute these waypoints into your flight plan:

REXEB -> PEDAR -> UMERO

You should have these 3 waypoints in your flight plan. After or before you’ve imputed them, you may continue your flight plan at your discretion. Your flight plan should look something like this:

All pictures and flight plans were made in SkyVector

I’d like to thank you for looking at this topic, and for being interested in realism! I hope to see more pilots flying correctly with these proposed flight plans!

See you around!

70 Likes

I hope you guys like this tutorial! I tried to make it as unique, and clear as possible to make it easier for people to understand.
If you’d like something to change, please let me know what and why! Thanks.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it have to be more over the gulf like the west asia flight path as Iran (located directly above Qatar and the UAE) is restricted airspace to ALL airlines?

1 Like

It is not restricted to all airlines, not sure where you’ve heard that 🙂 If It was, Qatar Airways wouldn’t have any way out.

1 Like

I love this @AlphaSeven! Although the airspace is fairly restricted around here, it still is a beautiful and busy area to fly!

1 Like

Oh. I just thought it was straight up restricted after recent tensions.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! It is one conflict-wide and busy area for sure.👌😅

1 Like

Nope, I believe that only the FAA has fully restricted American aircraft over the airspace. Along with some others :)

2 Likes

Do you happen to have the actual SID chart or airway chart that shows this?

I’m am en route to LIRF from OTHH now, so I’d like to know for future reference.

Thanks!

1 Like

Good to know for when I fly Doha to Philly! Thanks

1 Like

Currently, no. These are the only SID’s I have. I dont have the airway one.

Took me a while to find this!

Awesome! I’ve saved these for future flights. No worries about the airways, I’ll do some digging. I just didn’t know if you had them already.

Thanks 😃

1 Like

Awesome @AlphaSeven! I flew Qatar’s a359 last night from CPT-DOH and tried to follow that approach, we did it in IRL when I flew them a few days back: here’s a screenshot of my FPL when I landed you can see

How’d I do 😏

2 Likes

Nice! You did great! I thank you for your realism 😉😂

2 Likes

Lol yay I’m going to start flying Qatar more. I already fly them a good amount but last night I applied for QRV and I bookmarked this topic 😏 excited to become more familiar with Qatar :)

1 Like

Thats awesome! I used to be a part of the old one, I’d join the new one but I dont have a Sub active all the time cuz… School. 😒

1 Like

Wow this will be a huge help! I love flying Qatar in IF, but have stopped recently because of the complicated airspace in the region. I strive to make all of my flights realistic and didn’t know where to find information like this. I have bookmarked this topic and will definitely be using it. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m glad I was able to help :)

1 Like

Very usefully - SimBrief also does create flight plans with OTHH that avoid restricted airspace

1 Like

Actually, if you look at the flight paths as well as enroute charts, for flights to East Asia, most Qatari planes use the VAXIN departure, then UT800 to DASUT, then Z151 to KHM, then A453 to BND, where planes would then continue to their destination. It seems that Qatari planes now snake around the Iran coast instead of flying straight for some reason (probably additional airspace restrictions). However flights to destinations south of Doha such as FAOR/Johannesburg take airway Z151 from DASUT to BOTOV before tracking over Oman. Don’t mind me, I’m just a sticker for realism here.

3 Likes