Flying with Gordon Pt. 71

DL 1031 (DTW-ATL)
2:31pm-4:39pm
2hrs 8mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I finally flew back to Atlanta from Detroit!! This flight was VERY turbulent. From takeoff until approach, there was lots of turbulence. Also, I didn’t like that the flight plan assigned had so many turns in it. Especially since the winds were strong. Strong winds and sharp turns is not a good combination 😂 Luckily, the “first officer” greased the landing and made up for all of the turbulence inflight. I was a few minutes later than the actual flight because I spent a little too much time “de icing” 😂 As I was taxiing from the de icing pad, the real flight was rotating off the runway 🤦🏾‍♂️ I still made it on time enough to not be considered late, in fact, I was still about 20 minutes early 😎 Well, I hope you all had a great day of flying and greasy landings!! As always, I’ll see you in the skies 😊

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at DTW’s gate A28

1. De icing with one idle engine and the flaps extended!! Too bad IF doesn’t have a white background for snow days🥺 Anyway, I started engine number 1 as I taxied to the runway

1. Rotating off of runway 22L with runway 9L in the background

1. Climbing out of Detroit with views from first class!!

1. Flying over some mountains in Keokee, VA. Views from main cabin

1. Flying over Lawrenceville, GA which is not too far from where I live… Views from first class

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 26R. Very greasy landing done by the first officer

1. Shutting down the engines at gate A18

1. LiveFlight approach
20 Likes

#boeing737 #detroit #atlanta

2 Likes

Nice photos!

2 Likes

Thank you 😊

1 Like

Very Nice photos!!

1 Like

Number 71 🤯 whoa