DL 1693 (STX-ATL)
Captain J. Gordon
Today, I returned to Atlanta from St. Croix!! On this leg, the “first officer” was at the controls because I recently learned that the Captain doesn’t do both legs of the flight. With that being said, for my return legs home, I will switch the camera to first officer mode!! Flying in first officer mode is a little challenging because it’s not what I’m used to. The view is different which causes me to be distracted a little. I still do pretty good as far as controlling, but I’d prefer the Captain seat. The “first officer” greased the landing. “He” had a better landing in Atlanta than I did in St. Croix. A lesson from that is, try to overcome obstacles and challenges. Try not to be scared of unfamiliar things, even though it’s kind of natural. Anyway, I hope you all had a very great day. As always, I’ll see you in the skies!!
- LiveFlight tracking
- Preparing for departure in St. Croix!!
- Rotating off of STX’s runway 10
- Climbing out of St. Croix with St. Thomas in the background. Views from main cabin
- Flying just past Puerto Rico. I haven’t done a flight to SJU in a while 🤔 Views from first class
- Right downwind into Atlanta!! Views from main cabin
- Final approach onto ATL’s runway 9R
- Touchdown!! Very greasy landing done by our “first officer” this evening. Then, the Captain had to slow the plane down in time for runway turnoff
- Shutting down the engines at ATL’s gate T2
- LiveFlight approach