DL 1957 (MBJ-JFK)
Captain J. Gordon
Today, I flew back to New York’s JFK from Montego Bay, Jamaica!! The flight today went incredibly smooth and I have no complaints. Actually… I was very upset when I ended my flight just to find out that Delta switched the arrival gate from B28 to B33. I was very upset because this is NOT the first time that it’s happened 🤦🏾♂️ Anyway, I had a pretty good flight and I wish that I could’ve caught @Jaheim_Georges departing MBJ for ATL on the A321. He left about an hour after I left. Also, it was cool to watch @tristateaviation land at JFK. Nice landing by the way 😉 I would work on not flaring too early since the 757 is a very sensitive plane. Well, i hope you all had a great day of flying and as always, I’ll see you in the skies!!
- LiveFlight tracking. The coolest part of the flight was that it was pretty much a direct with the exception of departure and arrival. We stayed on one waypoint for 1,183 nautical miles!! How cool?!
- Preparing for departure at MBJ’s gate 13
- Rotating off of runway 7. It was a very windy day in Montego Bay; there was a 22kt crosswind
- Flying East of Nassau, Bahamas. Views from first class
- Fast forward to sunset over the coast of New Jersey. Also views from first class
- Finally flying over some land after open ocean for the last 3 hours. Views from main cabin
- Final approach onto JFK’s runway 4R
- Touchdown!! The landing wasn’t as smooth as normal because I didn’t flare as early as I usually do. It’s something about flying at night that throws me off my game 🤷🏾♂️
- Shutting down the engines at gate B28 even though the real flight went to B33. That’s the only thing I hate about being earlier than the real flight… I miss out on updates
- LiveFlight approach