Flying with Gordon Pt. 60

DL 1520 (ATL-MSY) | DL 1520 (MSY-ATL)
2:28pm-2:59pm | 4:14pm-6:46pm
1hr 31mins | 1hrs 32mins
Boeing 737-800
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew to New Orleans and back to Atlanta!! This was one of the quickest flights that I’ve ever done. Not to mention, it was fairly simple too. I was happy to do this route because it finally has the updated terminal(s). I remember I flew to MSY on the 739 last year and I pulled up to the terminal only to find that there were no gates 😂 I was heated and I never thought about MSY since. It wasn’t until @Ecoops123 told me to take a peek that I seen that they updated MSY. So, @Ecoops123 this one is for you!! Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful day and as always, I’ll see you in the skies 😊

1. LiveFlight tracking (ATL-MSY)

1. Preparing for departure at ATL’s gate B19

1. Rotating off of runway 26L starting out short journey to New Orleans

1. Final approach onto MSY’s runway 29

1. Shutting down the engines at MSY’s gate C4

1. LiveFlight tracking (MSY-ATL)

1. Preparing for departure at gate C4

1. A very quick rotation off of runway 29

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 28 on a cloudy night

1. Shutting down the engines at ATL’s gate B21 which is 1 gate to the right from where we first departed Atlanta this afternoon (B19)
19 Likes

These are fabulous pics 🤩

1 Like

Always gotta love a foggy approach especially in the dark. Noice pics

1 Like

Awesome pics Gordon. Any idea how many more parts your gonna make?

1 Like

Fog? Nighttime approach? And an updated airport to land at? Seems like it was an awesome flight!

Nice photos, and congrats on part 60!

1 Like

Nice photos as always 🤩🤩

1 Like

Thank you 😊

1 Like

Thank you, and definitely. I love foggy and low visibility approaches!!

That is a question that I cannot answer. What I will tell you is that I go off to college next year and I don’t know if I will be able to fly as much but until then, I’m gonna do as many as I can!!

2 Likes

Thank you. And yes, this was definitely a great flight. The only thing that I didn’t like was that the ATC call outs were not working 🤷🏾‍♂️

Thank you ✊🏾😊

1 Like

Looks like a fun flight as always!

Theres so many places and so much fun to be had in this updste, so many airports I cant wait to revisit with a new look on it!

I’m currently working on KALB, so it’ll be fun when that’s finished. 🙂

1 Like

Sounds like we may get to a Part 150 then.

1 Like

Too bad the 737 doesn’t fly there 🥺

1 Like

Don’t be surprised…

1 Like