Flying with Gordon Pt. 58

DL 2089 (DEN-ATL)
7:00am-11:55am
2hrs 55mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew back home from Denver!! The flight was very simple and quick. It’s amazing to see how much I grow every time I fly. I noticed today that when disabling the autopilot, it was a smoother transition than usual. You could barely notice. Most of the time, the nose drops and causes me to gain a couple hundred feet in the rate of descent. Also, the turbulence was just so intense. It’s like last week, 100kts of wind would barely move the plane. Now, 50kts has you shaking like a salt shaker 😂 I don’t know exactly how strong the winds have to be to shake the plane like that, but every time I’ve ever flown, it’s never been that intense. Anyway, I hope you folks have an amazing day and I’ll see you in the skies!! 😊

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at DEN’s gate A26

1. Lining up on runway 34L

1. Takeoff from runway 34L

1. Climbing out of Denver. Views from main cabin

1. Fast forward to descent into Atlanta with views of Stone Mountain. Views from main cabin

1. Touchdown!! Very greasy touchdown 😎👨🏾‍✈️ First class views

1. Slowing down on ATL’s runway 26R

1. Shutting down the engines at ATL’s gate A24. Featuring a Delta 757 from Tampa @MJL_Productions

1. LiveFlight approach
15 Likes

Do you have trim when you disconnect the autopilot?

1 Like

Nope, I usually do it once I disconnect because I heard that if you add trim irl, autopilot disconnects

1 Like

Try adding trim before disconnecting. I’ve seen Matt Davies use trim on the 737, and for him, the A/P doesn’t disconnect.
For the B739, try being at your approach speed with 25% trim, and then disconnect.

1 Like