Flying with Gordon Pt. 56

DL 2015 (ATL-LGA)
3:10pm-5:15pm
2hrs 5mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew to LaGuardia!! This is another highly recommended flight. It’s quick, easy, and fun. I’m not gonna say too much so, I hope you all had a great day and as always, I’ll see you in the skies!!

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at ATL’s gate A34

1. Lining up on runway 27R. We had to line up and wait as there was a Delta A359 departing for Paris

1. Taking off of 27R into some pretty turbulent skies

1. Climbing out of a very turbulent Atlanta. Views from first class

1. Descending into LaGuardia and flying over JFK. Views from main cabin

1. Final approach into a very windy LaGuardia. There was a 13kt crosswind

1. Touchdown on LaGuardia’s runway 22. I finally had a greasy landing 😎👨🏾‍✈️

1. Shutting down the engines at LGA’s gate C34

1. LiveFlight approach. This was a cool and fun approach
14 Likes

I’ve flown that flight in IF before too. It looks like you had more luck than I did on that flight.;)

1 Like

I almost had a bad flight too. #1 it kept doing a weird glitching thing. #2 I forgot to call my departure while I was lining up on the runway. #3 I forgot to turn on the landing lights after hitting 10,000ft. #4 I almost missed the runway turnoff (I was going a little faster thank usual) #5 it was dark so I couldn’t quite see which terminal/gate I was going to. I made it to the right gate, but it was definitely a challenge. I say all that to say, God was with me on this flight 😂

1 Like

I had to go around when I flew that flight and ended up getting lost when I was on the ground.

1 Like

I always find that nighttime approaches and much more peaceful than day time ones. Is that just me? Shame so many small things went wrong.

Anyway, nice photos Gordon!

And happy IFC cakeday/anniversary @NathanD!

2 Likes

Yeah, LGA is pretty intense if you don’t know where you’re going

1 Like

Nighttime approaches are pretty fun, if you like a challenge 😂

1 Like

Happy birthday!

2 Likes

That’s such a stunning view! Sunset, JFK with the lights on, really well captured!
The other pictures also showcase what looks and sound like a really enjoyable flight. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you!! This is the kind of comment that makes me do what I do 😊

1 Like

Gorden one question, how can one be addicted to the 737 like that

1 Like

The 737, in my opinion, is such a easy aircraft to fly. The 739 is also a very beautiful plane. The split scimitars, the length, the height, it’s just built perfectly for me. Let’s compare the 737 to the A321… The A321 floats no matter what you do. You have to overdo the trim and play with the flaps in order for you to not float. And, the engines are overpowered on the game. You can be at idle thrust and you will gain 10kts in taxi speed. The 737 doesn’t give me that problem. I may gain 1 or 2kts but that’s it. Also, the 737 gets a lot of love from Delta. Meaning that they put the 737 on some very cool routes. Not that the 321 doesn’t have cool routes, but the 737 is on the more fun ones

Aaa understand

1 Like