Flying with Gordon Pt. 54

DL 2243 (ATL-PSP)
9:40am-11:17am (+35 min delay to 10:15am)
4hrs 37mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

This has been a very intense day!! This is my first day flying since the first week of January and man, was it a day 😩 First, we started off with a 25 minute delay. It then went down to a 15 minute delay. From there, it went up to a 35 minute delay keeping us from pushing back until 10:15 versus the scheduled 9:40 🤦🏾‍♂️ Mind you, I always get on the server 20 minutes early to make sure that I get all the pre-flight stuff done in time. I sat at the gate for almost an hour waiting for the real flight to depart. It was such an annoying experience. Then, I get to Palm Springs and there’s some type of event going on causing there to be some heavy traffic. It wasn’t a lot of planes, but it was enough for ATC to get on your nerves 😂 I hate being told what speeds and altitudes to fly because I have my own system. It throws me off and makes me very upset. On the bright side, it was cool to be able to fly to PSP nonstop on the 739. They use to have the 738 on this route, but I lucked up to catch the 739 on the route. Secondly, I pulled into the gate maybe 10 minutes late instead of 35 minutes 😎 My landing wasn’t as smooth as I would’ve like it to be, but it’s okay because I haven’t flown in a week 🤷🏾‍♂️ Anyway, I hope you all had a great day, and I’ll see you in the skies 😊👨🏾‍✈️

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at ATL’s gate B4

1. Finally lining up to depart off of runway 8R

1. Climbing out of Atlanta. Views from first class

1. Flying North of Albuquerque, NM. Views from main cabin

1. On descent into Palm Springs

1. Final approach onto PSP’s runway 31L

1. Touchdown onto runway 31L!!

1. Shutting down the engines after a long and stressful day at PSP’s gate 6

1. LiveFlight approach
13 Likes

That looks like a very fun flight!
Glad your still doing this series, I always get excited when see another part.

1 Like

Delays delays, the annoyance of every pilot except the pilot who doesn’t want to fly.

I didn’t mean for that to sound so poetic… 😂

Anyway, seemed like a nice flight despite the delays and the event at KPSP. Great photos Gordon!

2 Likes

Thank you and yes!! It was a fun experience and I definitely will keep the series going 😊

1 Like

😂😂 it was very poetic. Your new name is Butter “Maya Angelou” Boi lol

1 Like

I’ll request a name change later today.

Just kidding lol. 😂

1 Like

Did U butter LOL. And Congrats & laaaate happy birthday, srry couldnt make the happy birthday post. :)

1 Like

Awesome trip! Very detailed

1 Like

😂😂 good one

1 Like

Thanks Cap!! And unfortunately, i didn’t butter but it wasn’t a Ryanair landing 😂

1 Like

Thank you!!