Flying with Gordon Pt. 45

DL 1572 (ATL-RDU) | DL 1572 (RDU-ATL)
11:34am-12:47pm | 2:13pm-3:35pm
1hr 13mins | 1hr 22mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew up to Raleigh-Durham and back to Atlanta!! Today’s flights went pretty well. The flights were very quick and easy. RDU has a pretty fun approach once you get to know it. I came in a tad bit high, but I corrected it and touched down smoothly😎👨🏾‍✈️ (and in the touchdown zone) The flight back to Atlanta was very quick and easy. The winds were strong on both flights, but they were more calm on the way back as it was a head or tailwind. I can’t remember 😬 Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful day and as always, I’ll see you in the skies 😁 Counting down until the final FWG episode. 5 more left!!

1. LiveFlight tracking (ATL-RDU)

1. Preparing for departure at ATL’s gate A17

1. Rotating off of runway 27R

1. Final approach onto RDU’s runway 23R

1. Shutting down the engines at RDU’s gate C1

1. LiveFlight tracking (RDU-ATL)

1. Preparing for departure at gate C1

1. Rotating off of RDU’s runway 23R with views of the terminal

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 26R

1. Shutting down at ATL’s gate A4 after a short day of flying. Featuring a distant view of Stone Mountain
22 Likes

#boeing737 #900er

1 Like

Wow I like it !

1 Like

Yessir, RDU! Great photos and great route!

1 Like

Thank you 😁

1 Like

Thank you 😊 I’ve been wanting to fly to RDU for the longest and today was perfect to do so. I didn’t want to fly for long, so RDU was the perfect destination

1 Like

oooooh nice

1 Like

Thank you very much 😊

1 Like

They look nice, you do like a shallow departure dont you😂

1 Like

Thank you 😂

1 Like

Amazing photos!!! Hartsfield Jackson Airport is such a lonely airport in this game. Maybe that is why I like to land and takeoff from there.

1 Like

Nice photos!

1 Like

Never a dull moment with me!! I give KATL lots of love and attention because it’s my home airport and more than likely the airport I’ll be based at when I become a pilot. What better time to practice navigating the airport than now🤷🏾‍♂️

1 Like

Thank you 😊

1 Like

It’s my home airport as well.

1 Like

Well what do you know!! ATL squad 😂

there are no real mountains on the east coast

1 Like

true. It is actually the world’s largest piece of exposed granite. and the pretzels at the top are amazing

1 Like

thats cool. It looks like a giant elephant lol

1 Like