Flying with Gordon Pt. 42

DL 2221 (ATL-IAD) | DL 2221 (IAD-ATL)
1:15pm-2:51pm | 4:10pm-5:59pm
1hr 36mins | 1hr 49mins
Boeing 737-800
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew from Atlanta to one of several of the D.C. area airports, Dulles International Airport. Both flights were very turbulent but the best thing about it was that the flights were short. I love short flights because they allow me to land faster. If you don’t know, landing is my favorite part. The whole flight, I always think about greasing the landing 😂. Speaking of landing, the landings were gentle but I wouldn’t say greased 😬 I believe that I pull the throttle back too early. Sometimes I pull it back before 20ft and it causes the landings to not be greased. I’ll work on that later. The coolest thing about this flight is that the plane that flew this route, was the 738 that I flew from BDL back to ATL this summer. (N3749D) I love the picture that FlightRadar24 has of it at SLC. Btw, they need to update the interior on N3749D…But I hope you all had a great thanksgiving and a great weekend. Back to stupid school tomorrow 🤬😂 Anyway, be safe guys and I’ll see you in the skies!!😁😎👨🏾‍✈️

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at ATL’s gate A26

1. Takeoff from runway 9L

1. Final approach on runway 19L. Featuring a Frontier Airbus A319

1. Shutting down the engines at IAD’s gate B76

1. LiveFlight tracking. I don’t know why it didn’t show the first part of the flight. It only showed what happens from part of Virginia to Atlanta 🤷🏾‍♂️

1. Preparing for departure at IAD’s gate B76. Featuring a United CRJ-700 from somewhere in Maine

1. Takeoff from runway 30

1. Final approach on runway 8L after a windy descent

1. Shutting down the engines at ATL’s gate A30
18 Likes

#boeing737 #800 #pilot

Woah, trying to throw us off are we? Very interesting indeed…

Nice job! The fact you have stuck with this for this long is amazing!

1 Like

Thank you 😊 I’ve been staying loyal to you guys

1 Like