Flying with Gordon Pt. 36

DL 622 (CUN-LAX)
4:35pm-6:52pm
5hrs 17min
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew from Cancún, Mexico to Los Angeles!! This flight was nothing short of amazing. Everything went smoothly and there are no complaints 😁 This was one of my first flights in a long time that I could turn the seatbelt sign off. The flight was extremely smooth and relaxing. We took off on CUN’s 12R and landed on LAX’s 24R. The takeoff was a little windy and the landing was too. Small gusts came out of no where but of course, I greased the landing 😎👨🏾‍✈️ btw, someone asked me to show my greasy landings…I have already made plans to show a compilation of my landings as my Christmas gift to you all!! Anyway, I hope you all had a great day and as always, see you in the skies!!

1. LiveFlight Tracking

1. Preparing for departure at CUN’s gate 43

1. Turning onto 12R

1. Departure off of 12R

1. Climb out of Cancún, views from first class

1. Flying over KONT (one of my future destinations) views from main cabin

1. Final approach on 24R

1. Slowing down on 24L

1. Shutting down at gate 135 at the TBIT after a long flight

1. LiveFlight approach
11 Likes

#cancún #losangeles

1 Like

#boeing737 #900er

1 Like

i always come hear for ths
You’ve out done yourself!

1 Like

Nice pics as always!

1 Like

😂 don’t blame me, blame the wind

2 Likes

Thank you 😁

1 Like

Cant wait to see the compilation 💯

1 Like

I’m glad you’re excited!! Hopefully you all like it

Nice photos Gordon!

Can’t wait to see the landing compilation!

1 Like

Glad to hear!!

1 Like

Hey there, here’s my constructive criticism:

1. You should be using Free cam a lot more often, this will allow you to capture better shots from different angles.

2. Scenery is virtually non-existent in your photos.

3. Night photos are a no-no. You don’t want to have to look hard to understand the picture. The only time you should really use night is when:

• You can easily distinguish the aircraft from the rest of the image.
  • Moonshots
3 Likes

Well, I can’t help the fact that daylight savings causes it to be pitch black when I fly in the evening. Secondly, the free cam is not a bad idea and I MIGHT consider trying it. Lastly, the scenery has nothing to do with me. Blame infinite flight. I’m here to fly planes not go on a sightseeing tour…Respectfully 😁

1 Like

I have not had a chance to fly to Cancun. Maybe after my Nigerian round trip, I will go to Cancun Mexico

1 Like

Cancún has beautiful airport!! The scenery on the way in is amazing and the approach is fairly simple. The hardest part is knowing where the gates are. For example, Cancún has been updating where each airline is and Delta (my airline) moved to the opposite side of the airport, where it used to be. So trying to figure out what gate is what is definitely a struggle, that’s why they need some type of indication on gate numbers on IF. Other than that, great destination 😁

1 Like