Flying with Gordon Pt. 3

DL 1447 (JFK-ATL) [FO]
11:59am-2:25pm (Delayed 5 mins)
2hrs 26mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

How’s it going fam?! Today, the “first officer” flew us from JFK, down to Atlanta. This flight was very challenging. From the time I was filing the flight plan until climbing above maybe 8,000ft, there was NO VISIBILITY 🤦🏾‍♂️ I had a very hard time trying to taxi to the runway and the “first officer” had to pretty much fly blind during the departure from JFK. Then, the approach into ATL was very gusty at the last minute, causing a float and rough landing. Lastly, DL1447’s arrival gate was changed last minute after I had already parked at the gate. Gate changes are one of the main reasons I hate being earlier than the actual flight. Anyway, I hope you all had an easier day than I did, and I hope to see you all in the skies 😊

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at gate B30

1. Lining up on runway 4L with a little nervousness due to the low visibility

1. Rotating off of runway 4L and preparing to make a right upwind for Atlanta

1. Climbing out of JFK with views of the airport to the right as we make our way out of the thick clouds. Views from main cabin

1. Flying west of Baltimore!! Views from first class

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 26L

1. Touchdown!! The “first officer” had to fight the controls to get us down in time as we were facing some pretty strong and sudden gusts (head over to Instagram to see the landing @ jgaviation)

1. Shutting down the engines at gate T1. The real flight ended up going to gate A33 🤷🏾‍♂️ One of the down sides of getting to the airport earlier than the real flight(s)

1. LiveFlight approach
19 Likes

Isn’t it the Part 72 or 73?

1 Like

see new part 1

2 Likes

Ha!! It makes me feel good to know that my supporters actually keep up with me 🥲

3 Likes

Well, I gave myself a fresh start (long story, shortened) and here we are 😊

2 Likes

FMOIG @ jgaviation

Nice pics as always Gordan! Plan on flying outside the states anytime soon? Delta flies to a lot of nice places in the Caribbean and South America

2 Likes

Stay tuned… 😉

The photo of you climbing through the fog looks beautiful! I always love foggy departures because it’s always so satisfying to climb above it. 😂

Great photos!

2 Likes

It was very satisfying to fly through 😊

1 Like

Ommgggg SAMMEEE!!!
Last night I did JFK-ZRH and since it was midnight it was pitch black. even with full brightness I could barely see the cockpit displays… I used the map to taxi and backtaxied using the runway since it had light lol

Nice pics and super happy you are back!

1 Like

Yeah, I guess JFK is mad at us pilots for some reason 🤷🏾‍♂️😂 And thank you, it’s glad to be back ✊🏾😉

1 Like