Flying with Gordon Pt. 27

DL 1289 (ATL-PHL) | DL 1289 (PHL-ATL)
10:24am-12:22pm | 1:37pm-3:40pm
1hr 58mins | 2hrs 3mins
Boeing 737-800
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today, I flew from Atlanta to Philadelphia!! There’s not much to say about this flight besides that it was very windy. The landing in Philadelphia was one of my toughest (Next to Newark). On approach, there was a 17kt crosswind with a 23kt gust. I touched down pretty softly but it was a very bumpy descent. On the flip side, the flight back to Atlanta was fairly smooth. This landing was greased and the approach was pretty simple. We finally landed on 26R versus landing in 8L btw. Overall, today was a good day 😁 Enjoy the pictures below and I’ll see you all in the skies…

15 Likes

#boeing #737 #pilot

1 Like

#atlanta #philadelphia #katl #kphl

1 Like

I think I might have to add this route to my list. It looks like a lot of fun!

2 Likes

beautiful pictures but…

this looks like you a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle off centerline :)
also i have a route for ya how bout flying to Hamilton?

1 Like

It definitely was!!

1 Like

Haha I can’t even be mad about this comment 😂 actually I was just a little but as stated, a 23kt crosswind will definitely take you off heading a little.

1 Like

even i cant land with a 23 knt cross wind i would’ve just gone around and returned to philadelphia

1 Like

😂😂 no need to give up. No landing is gonna be greasy in a 23kt crosswind. I managed to land soft enough, but I wouldn’t say grease. Keep practicing aileron deflection… it is very helpful

1 Like

Nice, you should visit Newark sometime. :)

2 Likes

I’ve been already!! https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/flying-with-gordon-pt-13/488098?u=jgordon

1 Like

@JGordon here are some of my route suggestions if you haven’t done them!

Atlanta (KATL) - Norfolk (KORF)
Atlanta (KATL) - Raleigh-Durham (KRDU)
Minneapolis (KMSP) - Seattle (KSEA)

1 Like

I can do Norfolk!! I’ll save the other 2 for some fly outs that’s I’m apart of. One of which is your fly out😁

1 Like

Next thing you know flying with Gordon pt. 100000

1 Like

😂 I’m most likely gonna stop at 50