Flying with Gordon Pt. 18

DL 1835 (JFK-SDQ) | DL 1835 (SDQ-JFK)
12:40pm-4:18pm | 5:59pm-9:48pm
3hrs 38mins | 3hrs 49mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Today has been one of the longest flying days EVER 😴 I flew from New York to Santo Domingo and back to New York. This is definitely one of my longest flying days. I have never flown for this long in one day. It has also been one of the most challenging days ever. JFK has some of the most difficult approaches and departures. (Why didn’t anyone warn meπŸ˜‘πŸ˜‚) but of course, I handled my business πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘¨πŸΎβ€βœˆοΈ Takeoff from SDQ was pretty fun as you pretty much have to start your turn to the north as soon as you rotate. The skies were pretty smooth and I can’t really complain because my flights went well. I hope you all can say the same!! You know where to find me… Come fly with me!!! Good night everyone, Captain G is sleepy 😴 (Also, look at the photobombs by the Qatar 777 and the Qantas 747)

11 Likes

Well your series is now an adult! What can I say expect congrats! Great photos as always, keep making more!

5 Likes

Just for you, I will!!

1 Like

Amazing!! as always @JGordon, well done! Thanks for coming to one of my cities, Santo Domingo.

1 Like

Nice, happy to see someone flying into the Dominican Republic I am half Dominican!
(Dad was born there)

2 Likes

No problem πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘¨πŸΎβ€βœˆοΈ

1 Like

Little low into JFK there ⭕️⭕️

Great photos though, 18 parts is nothing if not impressive.

1 Like

VERY low. Low and slow is the best way to go πŸ˜‰

1 Like

Well except maybe correct speed and πŸ”΄πŸ”΄βšͺ️βšͺ️ πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Have you flown to Vegas yet? Very fun! Take a 26L arrival or else 😊

1 Like

πŸ˜‚ I’ll try again next time

1 Like

I have!! Check out flying with Gordon Pt. 9

1 Like

The first one looks good enough, just don’t want to hit anything πŸ˜‚