Flying with Gordon {Hartford KBDL}

DL 2818 (ATL-BDL) {CA} | DL 2818 (BDL-ATL) {FO}
1:25pm-3:45pm | 4:45pm-7:22pm
2hrs 20mins | 2hrs 37mins
Boeing 737-800
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Hey fam!! Today, I flew to my hometown, Hartford, Connecticut!!! It’s always good to fly home 😊 We faced some nasty weather during the going and coming legs as tropical storm Elsa is making its way up the east coast. In fact, the weather caused some cool planes to land at BDL. There was a Delta 757 from San Diego heading to JFK that diverted to BDL, and there was a Delta A332 from SLC heading to JFK that diverted to BDL. It was cool to spot (on FlightRadar24 of course). Both landings were greasy today and I made little to no mistakes. With that being said, today was a great day and I hope you all can say the same!! Y’all be safe and my prayers are extended to those who have or will be affected by tropical storm Elsa ✊🏾

1. LiveFlight tracking (ATL-BDL)

1. Preparing for departure at gate B22

1. Super smooth takeoff from runway 27R

1. Final approach onto BDL’s runway 6. A gentle landing would be executed shortly after 😎👨🏾‍✈️

1. Giving the engines a quick break at gate A12 before heading back to Atlanta!!

1. LiveFlight tracking (BDL-ATL)

1. Preparing for departure at gate A12

1. Rotating off of runway 6 with a nice departure carried out by our “first officer”

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 27L. The “first officer” would soon after leave a trail of butter on the runway

1. Shutting down the engines at gate A24 after a quick day of flying
12 Likes

Beautiful Photos!

1 Like

Thank you ✊🏾😊

Very cool! @Rhys_V and @Chris_Hoover are also BDL locals

2 Likes

Wow, what a small world!!

Another cool fact about this flight is that I returned from KBDL on this same day last year in real life!!

2 Likes

Looks like a pretty successful turn today! Hope the weather wasn’t too horrible to you. Turns out that have some pretty excited business with Delta next week.

1 Like

Ooooohhhhh. Let me know what you have on your schedule…

1 Like

Awesome flight! Looks like that approach didn’t take you far from my house.

1 Like

I assume you live somewhere in Windsor, maybe?

Awesome to see my states airport getting some love and attention! Great photos guys!! 🤙🏻🤙🏻

1 Like

Looks like fun! BDL is always a fun airport to fly in/out of. Lots of cool routes, and it’s expanding quite quickly. @Rhys_V is the BDL geek you can ask him about any procedure into that airport and he’d know lol

2 Likes

Precisely, lol. I get all the 06 arrivals over my house, so hearing them a lot this morning.

1 Like

I always have to rep the hometown 😁

1 Like

@Chris_Hoover I know a little something too!! It’s my hometown airport. I’m originally from Hartford, but I’ve been living in Georgia for most of my life…

@Rhys_V Were you able to see the Delta 752 or the A332 that came in on RWY06 yesterday??

I heard all the diversions yesterday. Delta B752, A332, CRJ9, and the Virgin A333. Only thing was that the sky was overcast at like 1200ft, so no way I would be able to see them sadly.

1 Like

Yeah, I read that on the METAR on my way in. Unfortunately, IF is not always accurate with their weather so I didn’t get to witness the low visibility 🤦🏾‍♂️

1 Like