Flying with Gordon {Boston KBOS}

DL 2443 (SEA-BOS) {CA}
9:47pm-6:13am
5hrs 26mins
Boeing 737-800
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Hey fam!! Today, I flew from Seattle to Boston, Massachusetts!! This was my first redeye flight ever and I think it went pretty well. The only part that I did not like about the flight was taxiing off the runway and to the gate. The lighting has been terrible ever since the addition of clouds and I could barely see the whole way to the gate. Luckily, I was able to taxi to the correct gate. However, it was a struggle especially since it was sunrise and the gold lines and the gold sun were not a match 🤦🏾‍♂️ Other than that, the flight went amazing!! I set alarms to wake me up for sharp turns, and I was up for the entire landing!! Usually, I fall asleep just before descent and end up messing up the whole flight 🙄 But by the grace of God, I was up and made a very nice landing into Boston this morning 🙌🏾 I took a little nap after the flight, so I’m good for the day. Anyway, y’all have a great day and let’s see what this A330 is gon’ look like at 12 😂

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at gate S4

1. Lining up on runway 34R. If you ever spot me preparing to takeoff, you’d see how gorgeous my line-ups are 🤩 Practice makes perfect 👍🏾

1. Rotating off of runway 34R marking the official start of our journey to Boston!!

1. Cruising over the Flathead National Forest which is just North of Missoula, Montana.

1. Fast forward to us on right downwind into Boston

1. Final approach onto runway 33L

1. Touchdown!!! A nice, smooth landing into Boston this morning by yours truly 😎👨🏾‍✈️ We made it into about 40 minutes early

1. Shutting down the engines at Boston’s gate A22

1. LiveFlight approach
Summary

Thanks for chugging along with me, everybody!! I truly appreciate ALL the support that I get from y’all 😊 I enjoy being able to share my aviation enthusiasm with people of all walks of life and all over the Earth. If you ask me, this is how God wants the rest of the world to be… Coming together and just sharing our love and passions with each other 🤷🏾‍♂️ This community is such a beautiful place. I know I’ve cussed some people out or whatever, but I have love for everybody and doing this series and seeing all the support I get keeps that love strong!! Anyway, y’all be safe, keep God close to you, and keep in greasing those landings (or trying 😂)!!

9 Likes

Dude tell me how you got the beacon AND the strobes at the same time :O

2 Likes

I got lucky, honestly lol. I do at least 5 screenshots to get a single strobe light shot or beacon and strobe light shot

1 Like

I usually time when the strobes are coming

1 Like

I try to, but sometimes it doesn’t work and I get really frustrated 😂

1 Like

Its fine we’ve been through that phase before
Either way your photos are straight up amazing :D

1 Like

I really appreciate that because I feel like my pictures done be hittin’ on 💩 😂😂

1 Like

#boeing737 #boston #redeye #allnighter