Flying with Gordon {Atlanta KATL Pt. 3}

DL 880 (SMF-ATL){FO}
11:55am-7:28pm
4hrs 33mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Hey fam!! Today, I flew from Sacramento back to Atlanta. This wasn’t really a good flight so I was very hesitant about posting about the flight, but here I am 🤷🏾‍♂️ Also, I will unfortunately be taking a break from posting any episodes to the series. I’ll still be flying, but I won’t be posting anything from the flights. However, don’t be afraid to shoot me a PM or you can message me on Instagram @JGAviation Until next time, y’all be safe 😊✌🏾

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at gate A3

1. Rotating off of runway 17L. The “first officer’s” departure was a little shaky 😬

1. Flying South of Lake Tahoe

1. The Rio Grande National Forest 🤩

1. Flying over KMEM in Memphis, TN

1. Final approach onto ATL’s runway 26R

1. Touchdown!! The “First Officer” made a pretty nice landing this evening. It wasn’t a greaser, but it was smoother than my landing in Sacramento yesterday lol

1. Shutting down the engines at gate B24. We were originally supposed to go to B22, which is right next to me. Luckily, I kept refreshing my FlyDelta app to see what gate we were scheduled for and I looked just in time for me to see the change. That’s why I suggest frequent checks on gates of arrival, current runways for departure/arrival, equipment changes etc.

1. LiveFlight approach
8 Likes

Wow awesome, next time you guys are flying in ATL let me know, I’ll be sure to hop in with you both!

@JGordon did you put the same liveflight screenshot twice?

2 Likes

Do you want to do patterns at any airport!

1 Like

Oh 💩 I did lol. Thanks for pointing that out

1 Like

We can make that happen. I’ll let you know when I’m available again. Most likely, It’ll be Wednesday

Ok sounds good!

1 Like