Flying with Gordon {Atlanta KATL Pt.1}

DL 1810 (PTY-ATL) {FO}
2:30pm-7:35pm
4hrs 5mins
Boeing 737-900er
Delta
Captain J. Gordon

Hey fam!! Today, I returned back to the A after overnighting in Panamá City. The “first officer” was in charge of the flight controls for this leg. The flight was incredibly smooth even though I apparently flew over or close to Hurricane Elsa. I didn’t have to switch on the seatbelt sign until we got a little bit North of Miami. It was a very cloudy flight as I couldn’t see much land until I got closer to Georgia. The landing was a little firm, but I wouldn’t consider it rough (we had a 49% load factor during landing, but no excuses 😂). Anyway, today was a great day and I wouldn’t trade my love and passion for flying for ANYTHING!! Y’all be safe and I’ll see you in the skies 😊

1. LiveFlight tracking

1. Preparing for departure at gate 203

1. Pushback and engine start

1. Rotating off of runway 3R. We took of with a load factor of 65% (it might’ve been more 😬)

1. Climbing through the clouds while trying to get around the mountains. We didn’t break through the clouds until maybe 20+ thousand feet

1. Flying over the Everglades!!! It was this cloudy for most of the flight

1. Turning final onto ATL’s runway 9R while dropping the gear

1. Touchdown!!! We had another firm landing, sadly 😢 Now that people are comfortable with flying again, the planes are heavier and I don’t grease like I use too 🤦🏾‍♂️ (No excuses 😂)

1. Shutting down those hardworking engines after the nearly 4 hours flight back to Atlanta 😅

1. LiveFlight approach. The actual flight did something a little different (as far as the approach and cruise), but we ended up landing at the same time 🤷🏾‍♂️
8 Likes

If you haven’t already, make sure you check out my previous flight!!

That looks like a great flight! Hope you had good flight back from Panama!

1 Like

What a great flight @JGordon. I hope you enjoyed flying back to Atlanta from Panama City 🇵🇦. At 4:15 PM today, I will be flying American Airlines to Miami and I will post those ten shots from my flight. You will like em

1 Like

I sure did!! Thank you for tuning in 😊

1 Like

I did, and I’m looking forward to those pictures!!

1 Like