Flying to Sedona from the Grand Canyon in a Cessna

Hello everyone! Yesterday I flew from the Grand Canyon (KGCN) to Sedona (KSEZ). I flew in a Grand Caravan, and it had a couple of Garmins. Our cruise altitude varied from 9,500 all the way up to 11,500. It was a very beautiful flight and I would definitely do it again. Enough talking, here’s the pictures! I wasn’t sure if this should just be in #real-world-aviation or real, and spotting. Sorry if I’m wrong.

Walking to the plane, along with a couple of skydivers

Taxiing to the runway

Takeoff, rotated at 80 knots

Looking over the Grand Canyon

Over some desert I forgot the name of

Joining the left downwind for runway 21

Final approach

Honorable Mentions

Challenger 300

Pilatus PC-12

I also took a video of the landing, and if you want to see it here it is: Landing in Sedona in a Grand Caravan

28 Likes

You like that radar dome pic the best, right? @DeerCrusher 😆

Also, awesome shots of the hills of Sedona. I was in Page, AZ last week. Beeeeautiful

2 Likes

View never gets old. But it gets old when we get a plane where the radar is MEL’d. 😐I think its a 90 day MEL too

8 Likes

Very cool as I’ve flown there many times in IF and been there irl. Sedona airport is also a great place to catch sunsets!

2 Likes

Stunning views and great scenery. I’d wish to fly solo for once in my life but a lot of learning will take place to even to get here. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed your flight. Safe night!

1 Like

I was at the Grand Canyon in early June man that canyon is stunning
Also awesome photos

1 Like

Oh goodness lol yah, 90 days… technically… But believe it or not some companies will find a loophole around that. Sadly. Hopefully yours issnt one of them

1 Like

Yeah. We’ve got a good maintenance program. If, after 90 days its not fixed, our Dir. of Mx could send a letter to the FAA for an additional 90 day extension. etc etc.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Watching the edge basically drop off from the plane was amazing.

2 Likes

For those who don’t know how unique this airport is… it sits on a table aka Mesa.

Not my picture, but this will give you guys an idea of how cool this airport truly is.

1920px-Sedona_airport

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.