Flying to Every State and Union Territory in India

I’m very glad you enjoy it! Honestly the small bits of information about a region/city is the least I could do for a country with such rich and fascinating history 😀

2 Likes

#4 - Goa 🇮🇳

Flight: SG3419 [B]

Route: Surat (VASU) - Goa (VOGO)

Aircraft: SpiceJet Dash-8 Q400

Goa is a true gem of India with coastlines stretching along The Arabian Sea. The former Portuguese Colony, despite being India’s smallest state by area, is instrumental to the economy, having the highest GDP per capita among all Indian states. Goa is visited by large numbers of international and domestic tourists each year because of its white-sand beaches and active nightlife! The famous Vindaloo Dish also originated from Goa, based on the Portuguese dish ‘carne de vinha d’alhos’, and is a delicacy enjoyed globally as a staple of curry house and Indian restaurant menus!

8 Likes

Future Flight Notice:

On 2021-11-04T17:00:00Z I plan to fly Goa - Chandigarh in the IndiGo A320 operating as flight 6E724. If you wish to join me, please let me know!

4 Likes

Good luck Charlie boss

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the Kerala one , just for Thiruvananthapuram, if only we had Air Arabia A320 in order to fly there… at least there are a lot of routes with Indigo A320

4 Likes

Diwali Special 🪔

#5 - Haryana 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E724

Route: Goa (VOGO) - Chandigarh (VICG)

Aircraft: IndiGo A320-200

First of all, a very happy and safe Diwali to everyone celebrating! Diwali ki Shubhkamnaye!

To celebrate today, I will be covering both the State of Haryana as well as the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Chandigarh is the shared capital of both Haryana and Punjab, however I will be covering Punjab at a later date, so just Haryana for now. Chandigarh was designed by the Swiss-French modernist architect, Le Corbusier and is known for its modernist buildings and gridlike street plan.

11 Likes

#6 - Bihar 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E5123

Route: Chandigarh (VICG) - Patna (VEPT)

The state of Bihar is located in East India, bordering Nepal. Bihar is divided by the sacred Ganges River which runs through the state capital - Patna. It is believed that Guru Gobind Singh (the tenth Sikh Guru) was born in Patna, making the city important to Sikhs, as well as being a cultural centre with great historical value.

9 Likes

#7 - Assam 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E261

Route: Patna (VEPT) - Guwahati (VEGT)

Located in north-eastern India, Assam is famous for it’s stunning scenery including the Brahmaputra River, and is home to the one-horned Indian rhinoceros, along with the wild water buffalo, pygmy hog, tiger and various species of Asiatic birds. It also provides one of the last wild habitats for the Asian elephant. The state was the first site for oil drilling in Asia in 1866, and still to this day has the oldest oil well in operation.

5 Likes

Hey @candrej - a small error…what you’ve marked in the map is the state of Arunachal Pradesh. Assam is the long, two-pronged-shaped state just south of that.

2 Likes

Whoops aha, my apologies. That should be fixed now!

1 Like

i see you’ve arrived at Guwahati , if you want to visit all of the 7 sisters in north east i have an advice
You can:
+Take the Indigo A320 to Agartala , Capital of Tripura . A big hub from where you can hit up 4 out of the 7 sister states (Incidentally this is my hometown too :D)
+Then Take a Indigo ATR to Shillong , Capital Of Meghalaya .

• Take another Indigo ATR to Imphal , Capital of Manipur .
    +From there take an Air India A319 to Aizawl , Capital of Mizoram.
    +In Aizawl , take a a Indigo ATR back to Agartala.
    +From there a Indigo A320 Back to Guwahati
    and you’ve hit a majority of the 7 sisters

If you want i can join in too =)

3 Likes

#8 - Mizoram 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E312

Route: Guwahati (VEGT) - Aizawl (VELP)

Named “the home of the highlanders”, Aizawl, is the capital of the north-eastern state of Mizoram. The city is located at approximately 3500ft above sea level and surrounded by beautiful hilly countryside. It is also home to the Mizo language, spoken in both Mizoram and parts of Myanmar (Burma). The state is rich in culture and famous for it’s handicrafts.

I would also just like to add that I’m extremely grateful for the support this thread has gained in the last two weeks since I posted, I appreciate it a lot! I’m going to be taking a short break from this topic for now as I do some flights in neighbouring Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal and to get the full experience of the subcontinent!

8 Likes

Future Flight Notice:

On 2021-12-02T18:00:00Z I plan to fly Aizawl - Kolkata in the Air India A320 operating as flight AI712. If you wish to join me, please let me know!

3 Likes

#9 - West Bengal 🇮🇳

Flight: AI712

Route: Aizawl (VELP) - Kolkata (VECC)

Aircraft: Air India A320-200

Making a return to this today after a short break, marking the state of West Bengal after picking up from where I left off at Mizoram. West Bengal is a state located between the Himalayas and The Bengal Bay and is India’s fourth most populous state, largely down to the size of it’s State Capital - Kolkata - home to 14.85 million residents! In fact, Kolkata (Calcutta as it was named then) was the capital of India when under British Raj Rule from 1773 to 1911. It is a city famous for it’s grand colonial architecture, art galleries and cultural festivals.

You might like this one @AryaTheLivingMeme!

9 Likes

I love it man!

2 Likes

#10 - Odisha 🇮🇳

Flight: I51563

Route: Kolkata (VECC) - Bhubaneswar (VEBS)

Aircraft: AirAsia India A320-200

The 10th State of this series is Odisha, which is located on the Bay of Bengal on India’s East Coast. The capital - Bhubaneswar is home to many ancient Hindu Temples, most famously the intricately-carved Mukteshvara Temple, which was built in the 10th Century and is dedicated to Shiva (The Hindu God of Destruction). This makes Bhubaneswar a popular city for tourists, also giving it the nickname “the city of temples”.

6 Likes

#11 - Chhattisgarh 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E234

Route: Bhubaneswar (VEBS) - Raipur (VERP)

Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh, is located in Central India. It is home to the Swami Vivekanand Sarovar (a lake with an island statue of guru Swami Vivekananda) and The Chitrakote Waterfalls, which are around 29 meters high. The state - which accounts for 35.4% of tin ore reserves of India - is also known for it’s natural beauty, home not only to the falls but also dense woodland. And it doesn’t stop there, the state is commonly known as the “rice bowl” of India since it is responsible for more than 70% of the country’s production of rice!

5 Likes

#12 - Madhya Pradesh 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E6219

Route: Raipur (VERP) - Indore (VAID)

I noticed that I hadn’t done one of these in a while, so for that reason today I am bringing a double-flight post.

I had the pleasure of being accompanied by @Eagle2703 for the first flight today, which took place between Raipur and Indore. Indore is the capital of Madhya Pradesh, with a rich history tracing it’s roots back to it’s role as a 16th century trading hub between the Deccan and Delhi. The city has also been ranked as “India’s cleanest city” four years in a row (2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020).

#13 -Tamil Nadu 🇮🇳

Flight: 6E756

Route: Indore (VAID) - Chennai (VOMM)

I also noticed that India’s Southern States had been somewhat neglected so far, so decided it was probably a good idea to do my next flight there. So I did, this time without Ian’s company. Tamil Nadu is a state located in the very South East of India, known for it’s vibrant beaches and historical landmarks, including the Fort St. George, built in (what was then called Madras) in 1639. The Kapaleeshwarar Temple is another recognisable landmark in the state of Tamil Nadu - a Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located in the Mylapore area of Chennai.

@Ritesh321, this one is for you Sir!

7 Likes

Technically I’m in bangalore (VOBL)but I’ll take it XD

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me tag along for the flight!
Also looks like you’ve made significant progress by now, keep up the good stuff!

1 Like