Flying to Every Single Country in Africa

Air Austral A220 just started flying there (check my message in the thread) , so in a near future you won’t have to fly a generic 😍😭

1 Like

Nice, I’ll check it out sometime

1 Like

They started flights to JNB just today as well, so you have choice ! Maybe RUN-JNB is more interesting since both are 3D

@JGordon Did you notice this thread ? 😍

1 Like

I have not. This is pretty cool!!!

2 Likes

Oh wow , what was the duration of this flight ?

2 Likes

I’m really don’t remember but i think between 30 to 40 hours .
That’s flight before 3 or 5 years .

3 Likes
Country #30:

Mauritius 🇲🇺

Flight Number: MK289

Route: Antananarivo (FMMI) - Port Louis (FIMP)

Aircraft: Air Mauritius A359

Mauritius is an island nation in the Indian Ocean located on east of Madagascar. Mauritius has had an extraordinary past, having been colonized by the Dutch, French and British who introduced slavery and brought slaves from Africa, and later indentured laborers from India and China, which has resulted in a country with multiple influences and a wonderfully unusual culture. In fact, Mauritius is the only African nation with Hinduism as the dominant religion! English and French are the two most widely spoken languages on the island. The locals converse in Mauritian Creole, a unique language deriving its structure from French with some African influences. Mauritius was home to the now-extinct Dodo bird.

30 out of 54 countries done.

4 Likes

The fact that soon you’ll be able to fly that area with Air Austral !

1 Like

Sadly I missed my chance to fly with them :( As I can’t count Reunion and Mayotte within the 54 states of Africa since it’s still a part of France. However I do want to fly out of Reunion to Asian destinations like Bangkok and Chennai using the Air Austral livery

It seems like I messed up the count at around Country Number 14 - 16, woops!

I fixed the count now for all countries, this means Mauritius is the 30th country, not the 31st.

If anyone is wondering, I’m doing the 54 internationally-recognized states of Africa, like I mentioned on the main topic.

(Check this, and click on “Recognized States”.)

1 Like

I meant Antanarivo, Air Austral fly there with their A220 😭

1 Like

I know that, but I’ve already flown to Madagascar using Airlink 😓

1 Like

I don’t mean for the Africa tour tho ,
I meant like after it , just as to JNB with air austral

1 Like

Oh I see, yeah I do have plans to use Air Austral for Indian Ocean - Continental Africa routes when the A220 comes

1 Like
Country #31:

Seychelles 🇸🇨

Flight Number: HM48

Route: Port Louis (FIMP) - Mahé (FSIA)

Aircraft: Air Seychelles A320 (Generic: Feature Request)

Seychelles, formally known as The Seychelles, is an archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, off East Africa. Mahé is the largest island of the Seychelles. Victoria, the capital of the Seychelles, is the smallest capital city in the world and can be easily explored on foot in less than a day. Seychelles has some of the rarest endemic birds, including the bare-legged Scops owl, which is so rare that it was once thought to have become extinct before being rediscovered in 1959. Seychelles has no indigenous population; the islands were uninhabited until around 1770 when French settlers began to arrive with their African slaves. Before that, pirates had used the islands as bases and stopover points. Seychelles is the smallest country in the world to have it’s own airline: Air Seychelles.

31 out of 54 countries done.

5 Likes

When will you depart?

1 Like

I don’t have a fixed schedule sadly, though I can notify you prior my next flight (probably the Comoros) if you’d like

1 Like

Ok, sounds good, thanks

1 Like
Country #32:

Comoros 🇰🇲

Flight Number: Unknown

Route: Mahé (FSIA) - Moroni (FMCH)

Aircraft: AB Aviation ERJ145 (Generic, CRJ200 Acting)

The Comoros is a nation off the African East Coast, an archipelago formed by 4 volcanic islands. Within the archipelago it was only 3 island that voted for independence in 1974, so, Mayotte is the only island here which still remains an overseas French territory to this date. These islands have often been referred to as “perfumed islands” on account of the fact that the plants here are fragrant and also key to making perfumes. The capital Moroni gets its name due to its proximity to Mt. Karthala, Moroni means “in the heart of fire”.

32 out of 54 countries done.

5 Likes

I love this topic very much. Sadly it shows how a lot of African liveries are missing in IF. Great job

5 Likes