Flying to Every Single Country in Africa

Those Mountains in those photos looks sick

1 Like

Yep, Sao Tome and E.G. has a great scenic approach

2 Likes

What you are doing is fantastic. Not many players visit Central and West Africa. I love the idea. Hope you’ll be flying to Cameroon soon that’s my home country :-)

6 Likes

Thanks! Definitely can’t wait to visit the football capital of Africa Cameroon 🇨🇲

2 Likes
Country #24:

Ethiopia 🇪🇹

Flight Number ET922

Malabo (FGSL) - Addis Ababa (HAAB)

Aircraft: Ethiopian A359

Ah yes, we’ve finally reached that one African country, the sole African nation to never have been colonized, the African country influencing its counterparts’ flags, the nation arguably known as the Pride of Africa. Located in the horn of Africa between Djibouti, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan and Sudan; Ethiopia is the heart of East Africa. Famous for its incredible coffee, unique Orthodox Christian traditions and breathtaking natural landscapes. Its capital, Addis Ababa, is the highest capital city in Africa. Other than being the only African country that could evade the evil European colonial rule, the nation is also the oldest independent country in Africa. Ethiopia is known to be the diplomatic capital of the African continent, in fact the nation is also the birthplace of Pan-Africanism, the worldwide movement that aims to encourage and strengthen bonds of solidarity between all indigenous and diaspora ethnic groups of African descent. It was welcomed by Emperor Haile Selassie I, and is perceived as the movement that eventually led to the birth of the current African Union, which is also headquartered in Ethiopia.

24 out of 54 countries done.

Looking at this thread, I’ve recently realized how large numbers of African IFC members we have here

I really love to see it! 🌍❤️

11 Likes
Country #25:

Zambia 🇿🇲

Flight Number Unknown

Addis Ababa (HAAB) - Lusaka (FLKK)

Aircraft: Proflight Zambia CRJ2 (Generic)

Zambia is a landlocked country located in southern Africa. Zambia is considered to be one of the most stunning, friendly, varied and untouched countries in Africa. One third of the country is made up of national parks. It’s home to the co-shared Victoria Falls, bordering Zimbabwe. The nation got its name from the fourth biggest river in Africa, Zambezi. Zambia is also home to the famous music genre, Zamrock, described as the combination of traditional African music with psychedelic rock, garage rock, hard rock, blues and funk. (Check this out!)

25 out of 54 countries done.

5 Likes

8 hour poll, which flight should I do next? All flights originate from Lusaka, Zambia.

• Lilongwe in Malawi, Malawi Airlines DH8D
  • Gaborone in Botswana, Air Botswana E170

0 voters

Do you know what is a person from Botswana called?

‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

Country #26:

Botswana 🇧🇼

Flight Number Unknown

Lusaka (FLKK) - Gaborone (FBSK)

Aircraft: Air Botswana E170 (Generic)

Botswana is a landlocked country in the southern part of the African continent. It is located to the north of South Africa, neighbouring Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia. Botswanian? Nope! Contrary to popular belief, a person from Botswana is a Motswana, the plural is Batswana and their language is Setswana, which is spoken throughout the country along with English as their official language. Botswana is the world’s biggest diamond producing country in terms of value and the second biggest in terms of production. In fact, the country produced 40 million carats of diamonds in 2016.

26 out of 54 countries done.

7 Likes
Country #27:

Namibia 🇳🇦

Flight Number SW742

Gaborone (FBSK) - Windhoek (FYWH)

Aircraft: Air Namibia A319 (Generic)

Namibia is a country located on the southwestern coast of Africa. It is bordered by Angola to the north, Zambia to the northeast, Botswana to the east, South Africa to the southeast and south, and the Atlantic Ocean to the west.The country gets its name from the Namib, the world’s oldest desert. Namibia takes conservation seriously, in fact, more than 40% of the country is under conservation management. It was also the first African country to incorporate environmental protection into its constitution, hence its bountiful wildlife. Namibians never forget their history, in order to raise awareness about Germany’s very bloody and disturbing colonial past, the Herero people continue to dress like the German colonialists who tried to eradicate them.

27 out of 54 countries done.

7 Likes

Woke up and saw a lot of region based flight logging topics like this created overnight, I’m so glad to see people representing where they’re from!

Zimbabwe is next. 🇿🇼

5 Likes

Well , you’ll be able to use Air Zimbabwe A320 that no one use on IF !

1 Like

Yup it really has been, Might do an around the world series🤷(btw don’t mind the gender of the emoji, its the only gender they have for it lmao. FYI Im a male)

1 Like

Yeah it’s a shame they added the A320 for Zimbabwe, since the airline has more long haul flights than short haul (including London, Frankfurt, Athens, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore) they should’ve just added the B772 for Air Zimbabwe imo

The livery looks pretty slick though

2 Likes

was kinda pointless adding that tho because it only ever flew one route (Harare - Johannesburg) as it was a leased aircraft

2 Likes

@Lotus @Igor_M Yes I totally agree.
I was sarcastic there , this is so pointless ☠️

1 Like
Country #28:

Zimbabwe 🇿🇼

Flight Number UM451

Windhoek (FYWH) - Harare (FVRG)

Aircraft: Air Zimbabwe A320…

Zimbabwe is situated in Southern Africa between the Zambezi and Limpopo Rivers. It is a country rich in natural views and fascinating landscapes, including Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world. The term “Zimbabwe” comes from the local Shona language meaning “a great house of stone.” Until 1980, Zimbabwe was known for political violence and economic instability but the country was able to bounce back, improving several sectors of the economy such as tourism. Shona, English, and Ndebele are the languages that are commonly spoken by Zimbabwe people and are officially documented. Shona is the most widely spoken language, by about 76% of the people, followed by the Ndebele with about 18% of the people speaking it, although there are 16 other languages, which are also officially recognized, making Zimbabwe the country with the most officially recognized languages.

28 out of 54 countries done.

7 Likes
Country #29 :

Madagascar 🇲🇬

Flight Number 4Z3250

Harare (FVRG) - Antananarivo (FMMI)

Aircraft: Airlink E170 (Generic)

Madagascar, an island country lying off the southeastern coast of Africa, is the fourth largest island in the world, after Greenland, New Guinea, and Borneo. Even though they were featured in the famous movie, zebras, lions or penguins don’t live in Madagascar. Madagascar is where African and Asian cultures meet, since most of the population claim their heritage in South East Asia, by way of Indonesia and other nearby countries. The nation has a bigger population than Australia.

29 out of 54 countries done.

The approach into Madagascar felt like landing on Mars.
No wonder why they call Madagascar “The 7th Continent”.
I absolutely recommend flying into Madagascar sometime.

6 Likes

Air Austral A220 just started flying there (check my message in the thread) , so in a near future you won’t have to fly a generic 😍😭

1 Like

Nice, I’ll check it out sometime

1 Like

They started flights to JNB just today as well, so you have choice ! Maybe RUN-JNB is more interesting since both are 3D

@JGordon Did you notice this thread ? 😍

1 Like