Flying to Every Single Country in Africa

Country #17:

Burkina Faso 🇧🇫

Flight Number 2J513

Bamako (GABS) - Ouagadougou (DFFD)

Aircraft: Air Burkina E195 (Generic)

Burkina Faso is a small land-locked country in West Africa bordered by Ghana and Togo to the south, Benin to the southeast, Niger to the east, Mali to the north and Ivory Coast to the southwest. Burkina Faso name translates as “Land of the honest men.” Capital of the nation is Ouagadougou, written as “Wogodogo” in the Mòoré dialect, it literally means “You are welcome here at home with us”. Known for their love of horse-riding, the Burkinabes are known as “the cowboys of West Africa”. Burkina Faso is also a leader in African art and culture and hosts the largest craft market in Africa. The nation is home to the great pan-african icon, Thomas Sankara.

17 out of 54 countries done.

6 Likes

Nice!!! So What you doing next?

1 Like

Guinea is next

1 Like
Country #18:

Guinea 🇬🇳

Flight Number Unknown

Ouagadougou (DFFD) - Conakry (GUCY)

Aircraft: Air Guinee International A320 (Generic)

Guinea is a country located in West Africa bordering Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Senegal and Sierra Leone. Guinea is known for its rich mineral resources and diverse habitats and wildlife. Its towns are rich in cultural treasures, carefully preserved through time. The Niger River, the Gambia River, and the Senegal River are among the 22 West African rivers that have their origins in Guinea. Guinea is a rich source of rivers due to its forested mountainous regions. Guinea is also home to the famous Mory Kanté, the first African artist to have a single sold over a million copies.

18 out of 54 countries done.

7 Likes

Beautiful Beautiful, Nice Job!!!

1 Like
Country #19 :

Senegal 🇸🇳

Flight Number HC210

Conakry (GUCY) - Dakar (GOBD)

Aircraft: Air Senegal A339

Senegal is a country on the coast of West Africa. About 15 million people live in this beautiful nation with a rich history of traditional African culture. It’s capital, Dakar, is the most western point of continental Africa. It’s national airline, Air Senegal, is one of the first airlines to acquire the modern Airbus A330neo to its fleet. Used as a filming location for the seminal surf movie, The Endless Summer, Senegal is one of the best places to go boardriding in Africa. If the map of Senegal was a man with a mullet looking westward, his mouth would be The Gambia. (see the map below).

19 out of 54 countries done.

7 Likes

I think this should be 34. But nice job so far!

2 Likes

Oops, a little typo ~

Thanks!

2 Likes

When you eventually fly to Somalia you got to make sure you go to Mogadishu, it’s such an amazing airport!

3 Likes

Wow that’s a beautiful project to fly in this beautiful continent (I’m from Cape Verde btw). Maybe you should wait for the A220 to be released before going to Réunion Island to Madagascar for instance ^^

However lucky you , you can use Air Austral B788 for RUN-DZA route ^^

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be also waiting for the A220 before flying to Southeast nations like Tanzania.

I’ll try to refrain from using non-african airlines, even if it means I’ll have to use generic, to try and represent Africa better.

As for the case of Réunion (as well as Mayotte) it’s still to this day occupied and administered by France, making them an outermost region of the European Union and a part of the Eurozone. But I’ll see if I can include Réunion and Mayotte and fly to them on my post about Mauritius, since they both share a similar history.

5 Likes

I am doing to also in my Va (Ethiopian). I am on country 26 and I work in Africa but I love the flights and visual approaches.

Have fun and enjoy @Lotus

2 Likes

Thank you! May your next flight be smooth

1 Like
Country #20:

Cape Verde 🇨🇻

Flight Number Unknown

Dakar (GOBD) - Sal (GVAC)

Aircraft: Cabo Verde B757

Cape Verde, also known as the Republic of Cabo Verde, is an African Island stretching over an archipelago of 10 volcanic island nations on a volcanic islands off the northwest coast of the continent. The nation is named after Cap Vert, which means Green Cape in Senegal, the westernmost point of continental Africa. Santiago is the largest Island, both in size and population and is home to the capital city, Praia. Cape Verde is known for its Creole Portuguese-African culture and morna music, and it’s home to the world-renowned artist Cesária Évora.

20 out of 54 countries done.

8 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Ive done this route before and it contains some pretty nice mountains

2 Likes

Hey mate

Which app do you use to “paint” the countries you already flew to?

By the way, such a great idea. I already flew to each of the 26 States + Federal District of Brazil. (my home country) Now I wanna do the same as you, flying in each country of some continents.

Good luck and wish you nice flights!!

I might join you some day, if I am able to do so 😄

1 Like

Was gonna ask this as well lol

1 Like

Cabo Verde has one of the most prettiest mountains in my opinion

I use mapchart.net

Thank you! Good luck on your journey as well

2 Likes

Alexa, play Angola by Cesária Évora…
‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
Country #21:

Angola 🇦🇴

Flight Number DT502

Praia (GVNP) - Angola (FNLU)

Aircraft: TAAG Angola B737

The last Portugese colony in Africa to get independence, Angola is a coastal country with the Atlantic Ocean in its west, Namibia to its south, Zambia to the east, and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the north. Angola is also home to the Kalandula waterfall. At 105 metres high and 400 metres wide, the Kalandula waterfall is second-largest in Africa just after Victoria Falls. Brazil’s famous samba dance may have originated in Angola, it’s called semba and is believed to be the root of what later evolved into samba in Brazil. Angola is also known to have a stew-based cuisine, with Muamba de Galinha (chicken stewed in red palm oil sauce) being considered as the national dish of the nation. Angola, in my opinion, has one of the coolest flags ever. The red band represents bloodshed during the struggle for independence, while the black band underneath is representative of Africa as a whole. In the emblem, the star symbolizes internationalism and progress, the cogwheel is for industrial workers, and the machete represents agricultural laborers.

21 out of 54 countries done.

8 Likes