Flying to Every Single Country in Africa

definitely recommending Blantyre (Malawi), Goma (DRC) and Bujumbura (Burundi)!!! Absolutely love those airports! Goma is a gorgeous approach over Lake Kivu, Bujumbura is in a beautiful valley and Blantyre is a great approach alongside some mountains

1 Like

I actually have been there once with the Brussels Airlines A330! Still consider it as one of my top 3 scenic airports! Gonna try to check the other ones out as well! If we just had more African liveries to fly into all of those airports…

3 Likes

I actually did the Goma one with the Biman Bangladesh 787-8 (Generic :(() as it was a real life flight operated by the Bangladeshi armed forces… solid 7-8h flight

2 Likes

Woah that’s quite the challange! Looking forward for it

Thank you so much! Appreciate the support

Yep 😅 For this topic I fly to my next destination from my previous airport/nearby airport, and always use African airlines

Blantyre Malawi is next 👀

1 Like
Country #34:

Malawi 🇲🇼

Flight Number: Unknown

Route: Beira (FQBR) - Blantyre (FWCL)

Aircraft: Malawi Airlines DH8D (Generic)

@Ernie you were right about Blantyre, that approach was so amazing!

Malawi, despite having a fifth of its area as water, is a landlocked country in southeastern Africa, defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi. The nation is home to the great Lake Malawi National Park, inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. The park is home to over 1000 species of cichlid with the vast majority being endemic. The lake is said to provide the best freshwater diving in Africa, let alone the world. Malawi means “fire flames”, the nation takes its name from the reflection of the rising sun on the waters of the vast Lake Malawi. The country is also affectionately known as “The Warm Heart of Africa” due to the kind and hospitable nature of its inhabitants. According to the WEF, Malawi ranks safer than many countries across the globe, surpassing even England and the USA, despite being the 4th poorest country in Africa.

34 out of 54 countries done.

4 Likes
Country #35:

Burundi 🇧🇮

Route: Lilongwe (FWKI) - Bujumbura (HBBA)

Aircraft: Burundi Airlines Xian MA60 (Generic, DH8D Acting)

Burundi, a landlocked country that borders Tanzania, Rwanda, and DR Congo, is located in the Great Lakes region of Central and East Africa. Hutu people settle in the region, followed by Tutsi settlers who arrived in the 1400s. During the 1500s a defined Burundian kingdom emerged known as Urundi. Unlike many sub-Saharan African countries, the borders of Burundi were not created by European powers. Instead, they were conceived by the original Burundian monarchy. The nation has two official capital cities, with Gitega being the political capital of the country and Bujumbura being economic capital. Burundi is sometimes called “the country of drums”. Drums are sacred in Burundi, and represent the mwami, fertility and regeneration.

35 out of 54 countries done.

Tanzania is next up.

But I think I’ll be waiting for a while, if you know what I mean.

Less than 20 countries left!

2 Likes

Lets goooo
Thanks for the @!

1 Like
Country #36:

Tanzania 🇹🇿

Flight Number: TC219

Route: Bujumbura (HBBA) - Kigoma (HTKA) - Dar Es Salaam (HTDA)

Aircraft: Air Tanzania BCS3

Tanzania is the largest country in East Africa and includes the islands of Zanzibar, Pemba, and Mafia. After Tanganyika and Zanzibar became independent countries, they merged in 1964 to form the United Republic of Tanzania. The nation features some of the best national parks in the world. The Serengeti National Park is one of the most famous and best-loved parks, and is home to more than one million species of large mammals. It’s also a World Heritage Site, and has been named a 7th world wonder. Tanzania is also home of the great Mount Kilimanjaro, the tallest Mountain in Africa.

36 out of 54 countries done.

@MxP Good luck on your Tanzanian challange!

4 Likes

Thanks mate, Bujumbura looks stunning as always!

1 Like

10 hour poll, what should I do next? All flights originate from Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.

• Finish East Africa, then move on to Central African nations
  • Come back and finish West Africa, then move on to Central African nations

0 voters

Country #37:

Somalia 🇸🇴

Route: Dar Es Salaam (HTDA) - Mogadishu (HCMM)

Aircraft: Jubba Airways A321

Somalia is the easternmost country of the continent, located on the Horn of Africa. While most African countries have ethnically diverse populations, Somalia is one of the continent’s most ethnically homogeneous nations, with 85% of the country’s population comprising of ethnic Somalis. The nation is also home to a long coastline, streching 3,025 km, making it the longest of all countries in mainland Africa. The Indian Ocean and the Guardafui Channel borders the country to the east while the Gulf of Aden is on the north of Somalia. The capital of Somalia, Mogadishu, is colloquially called “Xamar” a reference to the multiracial confederation consisting of Somalis, Arabians, Swahilis, Persians and South Asians.

37 out of 54 countries done.

This was my last flight for this topic in 2021,
17 countries left to finish for 2022!

Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year everyone!

7 Likes

your getting close!

i really need to do more flights for my asia version 😂

1 Like

Haven’t been here for a while, looks like I missed some things. Very Close to finishing it!

Are you tracking the Flight Time and days it takes to complete this. It would be very cool to show it all in total when you are done!

1 Like

Nope unfortunately, but that would’ve been cool

1 Like
Country #38:

South Sudan 🇸🇸

Route: Mogadishu (HCMM) - Juba (HJJJ)

Aircraft: Golden Wings Aviation Fokker 70 (B717 Acting)

The world’s youngest nation and one of the world’s 45 landlocked countries, South Sudan truly is a unique country. Located in northeastern Africa, South Sudan is bordered by Sudan to the north, Ethiopia to the east, Kenya, Uganda and DR Congo to the south and Central African Republic to the west. Juba is the Capital City of the nation and the largest city in the country. English is the official language, but other local languages are spoken, including the Sudanese Arabic and Juba Arabic. South Sudan is home to a rich biodiversity which includes lush savannas, swamplands, and rainforests that are home to many species of wildlife.

38 out of 54 countries done.

Starting off the New Year with the world’s newest country! Happy New Year everyone!

3 Likes
Country #39:

Chad 🇹🇩

Route: Juba (HJJJ) - N’Djamena (FTTJ)

Aircraft: Air Chad B737-300 (Generic, -700 Acting)

Landlocked in Central Africa, Chad is bordered by Libya to the north, Sudan to the east, the C.A.R. to the south, Cameroon and Nigeria to the southwest and Niger to the west. Chad is the fifth largest country in the continent of Africa. N’Djamena is the capital and the largest city of the nation. Arabic and French are national languages, but the majority of the population speaks two or more languages, in fact, the nation is also known as the “Babel Tower of the World” because of its cultural diversity, the nation has over 200 ethnic groups and over 100 languages spoken in the country. Chad is also home to the Toubou tribe, known as the world’s best camel racers. Tourists from all across the world visit the Tibesti mountains, where the Toubou people live, to participate in camel racing.

39 out of 54 countries done.

5 Likes

Chad.

3 Likes

Haha I love how the head is modeled after Chad’s map

1 Like

In fact, the whole of Africa can beautifully represent Chad. This is what truly makes it the best continent on Earth.

3 Likes

Woah now this is something 😂 Africa truly is the best continent

1 Like