Flying to Every Single Country in Africa

I love this topic very much. Sadly it shows how a lot of African liveries are missing in IF. Great job

5 Likes

Thank you!

Its hard to tell, but have you flown to Senegal yet? if not, @ me when you do please :)

1 Like

They have, hence why it’s marked on the map 😉

Here’s the post

2 Likes

Ok, thanks, I just wasnt sure where its located on the map

2 Likes
Country #33:

Mozambique 🇲🇿

Flight Number: Unknown

Route: Moroni (FMCH) - Beira (FQBR)

Aircraft: LAM Mozambique E190 (Generic: Feature Request)

Used “Tam” as my callsign because LAM isn’t in-game 😅

Named by the Portuguese, after Mussa Bin Bique or Musa Al Big or Mossa Al Bique or Mussa Ben Mbiki or Mussa Ibn Malik, an Arab trader who first visited one of the nation’s island, also the only country with a single word name that includes all five vowels, Mozambique is a scenic and an unique country in southeastern Africa. Despite Portuguese being the official language in Mozambique, only half of the population actually speaks the language with fluency. There are actually 43 languages spoken within Mozambique’s borders. The nation is incredibly biodiverse: Mozambique is home to 5,500 document plant species, 740 species of birds, 80 species of reptiles and amphibians and around 3,000 species of insects. It also includes all of the big five, as well as hippos, hyenas, wild dogs and crocodiles. Mozambique has the only national flag with a modern weapon on it. It shows a Kalashnikov AK-47 with bayonet attached crossed with a hoe. (Lusophone African nations always have the coolest flags!)

33 out of 54 countries done.

5 Likes

Nice , Air Tanzania and Air Austral fly / will fly there using their A220 :p
So you’ll be able to fly there back with that brand new bird !

1 Like

Looking forward to it!

you coulda done this one from Nairobi or dar es salaam as well (ERJ-190 or Dash 8)

1 Like

Noiceee finally someone who didn’t use Mozambique for Lisboa Maputo 🤤

1 Like

When the A220 drops, I am gonna do a challenge in Africa as well! Flying the Air Tanzania A220 for 24hours straight xD

But great progress with your challenge so far! I have been watching your progress since you created your topic and one gotta love your dedication

2 Likes

ooooh lemme tell you mwanza and Lubumbashi are gorgeous

2 Likes

I am gonna use that to explore the East of Africa a little… I have only been to Zanzibar and Kilimajaro as well as Entebbe of all of these, but the other ones are first timers for me… Looking forward to flying there in a few weeks!

1 Like

definitely recommending Blantyre (Malawi), Goma (DRC) and Bujumbura (Burundi)!!! Absolutely love those airports! Goma is a gorgeous approach over Lake Kivu, Bujumbura is in a beautiful valley and Blantyre is a great approach alongside some mountains

1 Like

I actually have been there once with the Brussels Airlines A330! Still consider it as one of my top 3 scenic airports! Gonna try to check the other ones out as well! If we just had more African liveries to fly into all of those airports…

3 Likes

I actually did the Goma one with the Biman Bangladesh 787-8 (Generic :(() as it was a real life flight operated by the Bangladeshi armed forces… solid 7-8h flight

2 Likes

Woah that’s quite the challange! Looking forward for it

Thank you so much! Appreciate the support

Yep 😅 For this topic I fly to my next destination from my previous airport/nearby airport, and always use African airlines

Blantyre Malawi is next 👀

1 Like
Country #34:

Malawi 🇲🇼

Route: Beira (FQBR) - Blantyre (FWCL)

Aircraft: Malawi Airlines DH8D (Generic)

@Ernie you were right about Blantyre, that approach was so amazing!

Malawi, despite having a fifth of its area as water, is a landlocked country in southeastern Africa, defined by its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi. The nation is home to the great Lake Malawi National Park, inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. The park is home to over 1000 species of cichlid with the vast majority being endemic. The lake is said to provide the best freshwater diving in Africa, let alone the world. Malawi means “fire flames”, the nation takes its name from the reflection of the rising sun on the waters of the vast Lake Malawi. The country is also affectionately known as “The Warm Heart of Africa” due to the kind and hospitable nature of its inhabitants. According to the WEF, Malawi ranks safer than many countries across the globe, surpassing even England and the USA, despite being the 4th poorest country in Africa.

34 out of 54 countries done.

4 Likes
Country #35:

Burundi 🇧🇮

Route: Lilongwe (FWKI) - Bujumbura (HBBA)

Aircraft: Burundi Airlines Xian MA60 (Generic, DH8D Acting)

Burundi, a landlocked country that borders Tanzania, Rwanda, and DR Congo, is located in the Great Lakes region of Central and East Africa. Hutu people settle in the region, followed by Tutsi settlers who arrived in the 1400s. During the 1500s a defined Burundian kingdom emerged known as Urundi. Unlike many sub-Saharan African countries, the borders of Burundi were not created by European powers. Instead, they were conceived by the original Burundian monarchy. The nation has two official capital cities, with Gitega being the political capital of the country and Bujumbura being economic capital. Burundi is sometimes called “the country of drums”. Drums are sacred in Burundi, and represent the mwami, fertility and regeneration.

35 out of 54 countries done.

Tanzania is next up.

But I think I’ll be waiting for a while, if you know what I mean.

Less than 20 countries left!

2 Likes

Lets goooo
Thanks for the @!

1 Like