Flying the B757 Tutorial

The B757-200, equipped with two powerful RB211 engines, is the perfect medium-haul tool to operate some of the world’s most demanding routes. In this tutorial I’ll walk you through the various phases of flight in the B757 to help you master the aircraft and fly like the pros.

Click below to learn how to fly the B757!

2019-YouTube-Training-Thumbnail

B757 Resources

78 Likes

I saw this on YouTube and I’m like 👀

Nice tutorial Tyler! Keep up the great work!

6 Likes

Love the way the take off and landing are now part of the same video

3 Likes

Thanks Tyler

2 Likes

WOAH! This is an awesome tutorial Tyler. This will be a super big help when I’m flying the 757 again. Thank you so much for creating it.

3 Likes

Your landing was insanely smooth! 😍 🧈 Helpful tutorial, thanks!

2 Likes

I’m glad you like this new formula! I’ll continue working at making them shorter and shorter, but ultimately we’ll aim to offer a quick guide video tutorial on each aircraft showing you how to fly it from gate to gate!

11 Likes

A butter touchdown at the beautiful airport of Rhodes. Great video, as mentioned above, takeoff and landing are always great to see as well!

Great Explanation and tutorial as always!

1 Like

Very helpful because i land worse than Ryanair with that plane. Thank for the tips! 👍

1 Like

I learned so many new things with this tutorial! I can’t wait to go fly the 757!

1 Like

Great tutorial Tyler, it’s helpful to have a short all in one video, it’ll help the users who want to be quickly informed in a simple way, the perfect chance to learn how to realistically use the 757 with satisfaction. It’s definitely quite interesting relating your flying style to mine, a lot of differences, and a lot of similarities at the same time. 😂 Can’t see what you’ll come out with in the next future tutorial!

1 Like

Since you used the TUI livery, it made the tutorial 100X better lol. Nice job Tyler love to see these, and i cant wait to hopefully see one with a reworked A330 once its out!!!

1 Like

Now I’m intrigued! What are some of the big differences you notice? Always interested in other perspectives.

2 Likes

Definitely the climb is different. I generally always roughly aim for 2500fpm (once at a stable rate of climb and out of my rotation), and once I reach 10,000ft I reduce to 1800fpm to cruise.

Taxiing is very much the same, the 757 really does make taxiing at 25knts look extremely fast.

Very similar N1% input and flaps, like most people, although a lot just got for 100% N1 or full throttle.

Manually using Autopilot or partially hand flying a flight plan on an approach. I generally do this as some flight plans on approach and departure don’t show the DME Arc, or a turn, whilst the flight plan will turn the aircraft much earlier than the real procedure, and to get a good intercept.

Reverse thrust is the same, I always aim for 80% reverse thrust, although reduce the throttle later without putting to idle which is a thing I do personally and is what I’m used to doing.

1 Like

Me and my passengers stuck to their seats at +3800fpm

1 Like

That’s really cool! Quite different indeed, though not wrong at all.

I challenge myself to fly every departure by hand to 10,000ft. I focus my climb more on a power setting/pitch for speed vs vertical speed. In some cases that has even resulted in a 6,000fpm climb for a brief moment before settling into a more conservative rate pitching for 250kts.

As for the approach, manually inputting the headings based on the “bearing to next” readout can offer a little more precision, especially when it’s a tighter pattern like what I flew in the tutorial.

Thanks for sharing! It’s cool to see everyone make it their own a bit 🙂

2 Likes

The video is really cool! Now I will try to do this without the help of the HUD. Just using the glass cockpit view.

2 Likes

That’s where the real challenge is! The HUD makes for easier viewing in a tutorial but I absolutely love the glass cockpit on the 75 🙏

2 Likes

I practiced in solo for at least 5 days before being able to land without the HUD view.